Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few of my favorite things:

working inside today since things are much too wet outside and it is going to get hot and humid...so we are cleaning inside...remember Home Interiors? ...those parties were so popular around here long ago...the votive cups are from a party and one of the candle sticks...the other two I found at a resale shop here in town called Country Closet...which, sadly, is closed now... the little plate came from there, too...the candles are mulberry...
some of my vintage tea cups and diffusers...the two compotes are King's Crown or Thumbprint...made by the Tiffin Glass Co in Ohio...they later sold their molds to Indiana Glass, but you can tell the difference in the Ruby Red pieces...Tiffin's is darker...it takes gold dust to make red...the darker the red...the more gold dust...Indiana Glass made cheaper versions and their ruby is more pink...the tea cup stand was found at Vyverberg's in Arcloa...and if you haven't been there, you have got to go...it's the cutest little dime store left in the area...

a couple more tea cups in violets...I have sold so many cups and saucers and now I wish I would have kept them all...but I would have to buy another cabinet to put them in...
a cute little violet lunch plate that I found on ebay and a swanky swig- they were cheese jars long ago and when it was empty you had a cute little juice glass...this one has black stars on it...so I didn't sell it...but I did all the others...the candle fits perfect in it but I would never light it...don't know if the glass would break or not and I'm not taking any chances...
this yellow parrot was found here in town at Outback Antiques...Randi Moore owned the shop and she would always give you good deals on things...the large jar and lid came from a shop in Kansas...and it used to house potpourri...there were four of them and I bought them all for $10 each years ago... I think I sold two of them off...but I know I have one other one in the front bedroom full of lace...then there are the vintage Christmas ornaments...these were bought off of a dealer friend...she wanted me to list them on ebay for her, but they never made it past my living room...
I love the colors...
and the shapes...
and I have lots of old suitcases...all styles, colors and sizes...
this is so cool...bought at Vyverberg's in Arcola...Craig got it for me for Mother's Day a few years ago...I love painted metal things...and the cool thing is...
it folds up! Well, there you go, Mary, a few of my favorite things you haven't seen yet...

No comments: