Tuesday, June 15, 2010

gosh, it's almost noon...

not moving too fast this morning...
they are opening!...
we may have to build a dock...the fields have standing water in the low places...
and there's just tons of new growth...
but the japanese beetles didn't drown...
they crawl out of the ground long enough to mate, poop and eat my ferns...
they are highly attracted to white flowers...my hibiscus...
and to my rose of sharon...
if you don't have these little pests at your house...be very thankful...
if  you do...I'm so sorry...
and never use the bug bags...
it only draws more in...
the best way is to pick them off and drop them in a bucket of soapy water...
I grab them and pinch them...
but some people don't like doing that...
I have neighbors who say they bite...
I have never been bit...yet...
so take a good look at the ferns now...within a week, they will brown and about half gone...

No comments: