Monday, June 21, 2010

thunder shook the house this morning just before 5am...

the sun hasn't come through yet...but it will...
Georgie...
Doofus...
part of Daphne...
Craig, I, the cats and the dog sat outside for awhile...
there was a nice breeze for a change...
there was no sign of my prince this morning...
it's going to get hot out again today...
Mr Wiggles lovin' the plants...Terri gave these to me and came by this morning...she has no clue what they are...
been waiting on an ID so I'll know where to plant them...
just off the steps...
and on around the corner...
if this doesn't just scream "WEED ME", then nothing does...
the frame work is where I want the grapevine to go...
it is an old cart from the shoe factory in Charleston where my grandparents, great aunt, my mom and I all  worked at one time or another....
I have two of these old carts they used to transport the shoes from one department to another...
the red bricks are from old houses long gone in the neighborhood...
and the grey ones are from the road on the square uptown when they had to remove some and pave it last year...
the road has a high semi traffic now and it was tearing the bricks apart...
I like things with history...
I even have an old street sign...
when the city bought new ones...
I made a quick call...
our old street sign was on the deck one morning...
my friend, Terri, had terrible news this morning...
one of their cats, Elmo, passed away this weekend right in front of them...
heart attack they think...he was 10...
we feed their cats when they are away and it will sure be different without him there...
it's beginning to brighten up a bit and it's about lunch time...
have a good one...

No comments: