Wednesday, June 2, 2010

today...so far...

everything was still a little damp this morning...
these will soon open...and with so many blooms...we moved these here last year from a crowded bed in front...
a neighbor came with this 2 years ago...I have bad memories of cactus...my mother had many about the time I began to toddle around...and I can remember tweezers and plucking many, many sticky things out of my hands...so I gave this to Craig to put in his bed thinking in our climate it would die in winter...
it survived the flood...the snow...the ice...and it's bigger than ever and spreading...when he moves out, he's taking it with him...
a dime in the road...
my lunch...chicken noodle soup...an all time favorite...and of course- it's Campbell's...
there are just some things you never outgrow...
then onto my bedroom...
a google eyed doll...this is number three bought off of eBay...
the other 2 were my mother's...exactly alike...bought in 1940...
and they were dutch twins...they all have wooden shoes and are stuffed with shredded wood...
an overnight case that belonged to Steve's mom...my mom had one just like it...so now we have 2...
a hat box I picked up at a garage sale so many years ago...I think it was at Rebecca's sale...
and I picked up 2 of these about 10 years ago at the Dollar General when they first came to town...
thinking I could reuse these...
pop open the back and put vintage toys in them...
I can't get the backs off without busting the whole darn thing to pieces...
so here it is...tacky as ever...but I love it...
forgive me...
vintage pressed glass vase...love them...only have 2 left...
sold off all the others...
occupational hazard...again...
and no bedroom is complete without a fur ball...
Georgie loves to hang around in there...
the photo shoot kind of disturbed his nap time...
but not for long...
hope you're having the kind of day that makes you purrrrrrr...

No comments: