Wednesday, September 1, 2010

8 questions...


Kathy at A Delightsome Life passed this onto to me...8 questions to answer...8 blogger friends to pick... and 8 of my own questions to ask them...

1. What fascinates you? Do you have something or some things that make you stop in wonder and in awe?
All creation...it amazes me how everything can grow from a small seed and bloom so wonderfully...each bloom the way it should be...and of course...clouds....

2. When cooking do you have a favorite recipe and do you stick to it completely or experiment and alter ingredients from time to time?
There are only a couple of recipes that I follow to the T...the rest of my cooking is by memory...or something that I just throw together...I just open the doors and start grabbing and I am always coming up with something new...

3. If you were given the opportunity to take a weekend vacation alone, would you and if so, where would you go? If not why? 
No...I would not go alone or otherwise...I like it right here with my family and friends...
we stopped doing vacations a long time ago...I can take that money that you enjoy for only a short time and spend on something here that we can enjoy for years...every day...I am all for living the dream vacation all year long...
Blog hopping is my favorite get away...through your eyes...I can see things and places that I wouldn't get the chance to see in a million years...
Books are also a wonderful hour or two get away...books can take you anywhere you want to go...any time you want to be in...

4. Do you have a favorite movie that you could practically quote the dialogue? What do you like about that movie – the characters, the setting or the story?
Pride and Pedjudice...a love story in another place and another time...perfect...

5. If you could travel to time and visit yourself when you were just setting out in life – what advise would you give yourself? 
To warn myself about what led me to my state now...from my back injury to the carbon monoxide poisoning...my life would be so different...but then again...I am who I am because of where I am now...by God's choice...there is a reason...it would be a hard decision...

6. Is there a part of your home you’d love to remodel? If you were given a blank check to do it up – which room and what would you do? Or would it be something outdoors?
Inside...it would be the kitchen...french country white cabinets...black counter tops...tan tiled floor...more windows...gutted and completely switched up...if it were a blank check...
Outdoors...a garage...

7. If you were to be granted the gift of a talent (one you don’t already possess), what would that be and why.
A singing voice that didn't scare people!...its' not as bad as my mom's...but we did have a cat that used to hunt me down whenever I would start singing and bite me...I also do different voices...to get on my son's nerves...LOL...on purpose...and they say you can't get even...right...but I sing anyway...because I like to...even when they throw things at me...

8. Is there a time of day you like the best or a day of the week? Why is that?
mornings and late at night...seems to be when I have my enegry...and less pain...besides...that's when the lighting is best for photos...the time of shadows...

Now for my 8 people...
http://adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com/
http://countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com/
http://virginia-loveisallthereis.blogspot.com/
http://houseatthelake.blogspot.com/
http://oldglorycottage.blogspot.com/
 http://ellamaesbarngathering.blogspot.com/
http://thefinickyfrog.blogspot.com/
 http://priorlives.blogspot.com/
you will have to copy and paste these, the link is not working today for me...

 And your 8 questions...
1. Who had the biggest impact on your life and why?
2. Of all the teachers you had in school, who was your favorite and why?
3. What is your favorite bubble bath/ bath salts?
4. How much time a day do you spend traveling to work and what do you do in that time?
5.  What was the very first concert you ever went to and would you see them again now?
6. Of all the things you have bought at rummage sales or thrift shops, which one is your favorite all time find and why?
7. If you could start all over and be what you want to be, what profession would you pick now that you are older and wiser?
8. Of all the talents that you have, which one is your all time favorite and why?

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Dearest Tete...you are just the sweetest gal ever! What a fun post. I'm going back to work on this right now.
Have a good evening.
Debbie@houseatthelake
Thank you for thinking of me.

Loveleng said...

Hi Rebecca thanks for visiting my site...i like question number 4...Fireproof was one of my favorite movie and I never forget this line...You never leave your partner! Especially in a fire!

Chronicle of An Inconsistent Mom
Inside Malaysia

Prior said...

Oh, I would wish for a singing voice, too! I will sing in Heaven!! Thanks for including me in your game~ Lezlee

xinex said...

So nice to know more about you, Rebecca....Christine

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Tete... I loved your answer about vacationing! I would rather stay home and spend the money on something to be enjoyed for years to come, too... I don't know anyone else who dosen't love to travel... A kindred spirit:-)
Have a great day!
Bella

Tete said...

I am not Rebecca!
I am Tete.

Rebecca said...

We're going to have to do something about this or become siamese twins-I guess we'd still be Tete and Rebecca though!

gail said...

Tete-I love all the questions. Couldn't get into that link you gave me, so where should I answer them. Also, I love all your answers to yours!
gail

xinex said...

Did I do it again? Oh no, Tete! So Sorry. I do not understand how it happens but whenever I get a comment from Rebecca, I click on her name to go to her blog and it takes me to yours. Strange cause this is really the only time I mess up. But I promise it will not happen again. I will be aware of the situation....Christine

Loveleng said...

Hi Tete,

Yes same here whenever I get a comment from Rebecca and click her name it takes me to your blog also...Sorry for that at least I am not the only one hehehe...God Bless...
Chronicle of An Inconsistent Mom
Inside Malaysia

Virginia said...

My computer when kaput, I'm at work now and don't have the time to answer all those questions, but thanks for including me in your game.It is nice to know more about you, They wont have the computer ready until Saturday. What a Bummer...Well that is life. Maybe I needed to take a little break from bloging.I always find a good reason for every thing that happens.... I be back soon.
Joy & Blessings,
Virginia

★Carol★ said...

Thanks for picking me! I had fun getting to know you a little better. Geez, carbon monoxide poisoning? That's a big fear of mine, and I thank goodness for those detectors. You're definitely a survivor!
I'll play along in a few days. It's going to take me a while to make up some answers. I mean ANSWER those questions!
Have a great day!
Carol

Donna said...

So funny about the cat who didn't appreciate your singing voice! Hope you have a great weekend! It's finally cooler here so maybe I can get out and tackle the weeds that have taken over my flower beds :)