Friday, October 15, 2010

our evening...

the evenings are a lot cooler now...
but not as cool as the mornings...
and my DH got off at 4...
and even got to sit down and eat his lunch yesterday...
the eat on the run during harvest with no breaks...
12-14 hour days...
so we had supper on the deck...
his was clams, fries and cole slaw...
clams are his favorite thing ever...
and it was a good night...
it's after 9am here and up to 47!...
so we are not doing breakfast outside anymore...
have a fun day...

3 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like a yummy dinner! I didn't realize til now that you are farmers! I grew up on a farm and am still a farm girl at heart! Oh, "Yoopers" is like "U.P.-ers". Get it?! I love Canadian accents, too!

NanaDiana said...

Oh-I love fried clams- but I ONLY like them fried (or in New England Style clam chowder). My father used to like them with drawn butter but I never cared for them like that.

I didn't realize that you were farm people either. I grew up on a dairy farm in PA. I loved the life and sometimes miss it, believe it or not...except for the milking...I would not want to be tied to that twice a day anymore.

Your Fall days look much like ours here in Wisconsin. Hugs~xxoo Diana

gail said...

I'm a steamer girl (steamed clams, that is). We used to go to this place where you would get a bucket and the 2nd bucket was free....yup I ate them all....that was when I was young and could still get up from the table after eating all that! not to say I still can't eat that much, I just can't get up from the table!
hugs,
gail