Monday, November 29, 2010

Setting up your template so the backgrounds work...

click on DESIGN
if you are unfortunate enough to have set  your blog up with a new template...
this is the best way I have found to do it...
BUT if you have not picked a new template, and are still using the old minima one...
DO NOT DO THIS!
because once you pick the new templates...
there is no going back...
now wait for this to load...
you should be able to see your blog as it is...
and all the changes you are going to do in the next steps...
for the rest of us...
here we go...
this template is the easiest to redo...
or eliminate...
these photos will show you what to do with each thing going down the list...
you can choose whichever one you want here...
I just like mine set up this way...
this is for the bottom of your blog...
again- your choice here...
look at the numbers...
and line your blog columns up with this...
now in the advanced...
I make all my text black...
then it goes with almost any background and I don't have to go back in here and change it all the time...
so pick a neutral color here...
see the little arrow next to the color?...
this will pop up a color board...
for more colors than what they show...
but at the bottom on the right...
it says transparent...
make sure everything I have marked transparent, that you do it to...
this will make the template go away...
so just go through the list and pick your colors...
here, do nothing...
I have used this for different things only to come  back in and delete it...
just doesn't work well for me...
now, very important...
click the orange APPLY TO BLOG  in the upper right hand corner...
and wait for it to show a little yellow thing at the top center that says APPLIED TO BLOG...
then click here and see what it looks like...
now you can use the post below to add a background...
and there is another post to begin with on finding a cool background...
my biggest advice on this is just to get in there and play around...
that's what I did...
and like I said before...
use a dummy blog...
and if you still have problems...
email me...


4 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I'd be too scared to ever change the template! I've heard it's terrible trying to change it back. But it IS fun to play around with the backgrounds. Hey, you have no header today! I can always count on a different header here, but NO header?!!!

Tete said...

It's too crazy trying to keep up with the headers at Christmas! There are too many backgrounds that do not come with a matching header, and I could easily change the background 3 times a day with all the choices- so during the holidays- no header!

Donna said...

Thanks so much for all your help, Tete! Hey, do you ever sleep? I noticed the time on the message you left me! Ok, my head is really spinning now! I wish that I had followed your advice and did a test blog before I went ahead and did a new template! I thought that if I did the new template, maybe then I would be able to change the background! So, I think I will try this later today, there is still cleaning to do, baking, decorating, crafting.....Why, oh why did I decide to do this now in the middle of it all! I'll keep you posted on how I do! Thanks again, you are a sweetheart!!

NanE said...

Oh thank you Tete for posting this! I can't wait till I can come back tomorrow and study this better. LOL, I see you changed your background again, hee hee.