Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Eve Snow...

it snowed this year...
about 4 inches before everyone went off to bed...
so Craig grabbed the camera this time and the dogs...
and went for a walk about...
those are the remains of the cone flowers...
and a solar light...
and this awesome photo...
my little girl statue...
and the bird bath...
and a white blanket on the field behind us...
funky weed...
the mother's garden...
and Mr Wiggles...
walking in a winter wonderland...
the dogs were covered in snow balls...
but they loved every minute out there...
and so did the cats...
and I think Craig had a good time too...
even Doug went out and shoveled snow just to be in it...
30 degrees and no wind and the biggest darned old flakes you ever saw!...
now that's a Christmas eve to remember...
I messed up the day...
sick again...
that's one thing with this stupid IBS...
you never know when it 's going to hit...
so we just remade all of our plans...
and by 2pm, it was clear it was going to get worse...
so we did our Christmas exchange at the kitchen table...
we always do it in the living room...
so we did something new and different...
and since there wasn't much to open this year...
we took turns...
and we had so much fun...
and our normal Christmas eve dinner will be today...
which isn't a normal one at all...
after that I slept the rest of the day...
and when I got up it took awhile...
but I did start feeling better...
so we all gathered at the table again to share stories...
and I asked each one to tell about their favorite Christmases...
and we talked for a long time of days gone by...
and funny times...
and those no longer here in body...
but most definitely in spirit...
and we made new traditions...
and it didn't cost a thing...
because it came from the heart...
it's been the best Christmas...
me and my guys...
and one we will remember for a long, long time...
and while I was sleeping my DH made me a cheesecake...
so I hope my tummy is better today!
and he is doing good this first year without his dad...
the guys watched movies most of the day...
and after our wonderful time at the kitchen table...
we bathed the dogs...
I know it seems all messed up...
but we did it all together...
I hope you all are having as much fun as we are!

2 comments:

miruku said...

Oooo... looks really cold there. I wish we could have some snow here instead of rain. Our Christmas Day is almost over, i have no holiday as a caretaker in a nursing home but i enjoyed my day with the oldfolks. Anyway, enjoy yours tomorrow to the max! Meanwhile, take care! Ah, by the way your 'awesome photo' is really awesom :)

Donnie said...

It sounds like you had a lot of highs and lows but more ups than downs. Still making new memories and your photos are gorgeous. Here's wishing you health on this Christmas day. I can tell you have already had a great Christmas Eve other than your IBS.