Tuesday, December 7, 2010

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
A message every adult should read because children are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you hang my
first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a
stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make my favorite cake for me, and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer, and I knew that there is a God I could always talk to, and I learned to trust in Him.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it, and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw tears come from your eyes, and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw that you cared, and I wanted to be everything that I could be..

When you thought I wasn't looking I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking I looked at you and wanted to say,’ Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.'


Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher, friend) influences the life of a child. How will you touch the life of someone today?
Just by sharing this with someone else, you will probably make them at least think about their influence on others.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.Speak kindly.
Leave the rest to God.


The other night after I had posted A Christmas Story, I found this in my email.
Coincidence?
I think not...

3 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Tete Sweetie...
What a beautiful share. I remember reading this a long time ago, and I had forgotten about it, until I read it again just now. Isn't this beautiful?

With all the trials you go through each day sweet friend, you are an inspiration to me, and have given me strength to go on when some days, I just feel like I can't take one more rude comment, or stare when they hear me talk. I thank you for the inspiration. You have helped me many times when I have came Beyond the Garden Gate.

Many hugs and SO much love sweetie, Sherry

Donnie said...

That was a lovely post. You are so sweet to even think to post this. Someone must think you are special because they emailed it to you. Have a great day.

NanaDiana said...

Well, a special message from a special lady! You are such a dear woman, Tete. I'd say you have probably passed all those things onto your boys...and more! Hugs-Diana