Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dear Child,

I watched you wake this morning to a most wonderful sunrise and I waited...
but you threw the covers off and stumbled in to the kitchen for that first cup of coffee...
and I waited for you to talk to me then...
but you hopped on the computer...
and I patiently waited...
but when you were done with that and on your second cup, you picked up the phone...
and you talked to several of your girl friends...
and I waited...
but as soon as you were done...
you went to shower and dress for the day...
stopping long enough to pick up the kitchen and table before getting the kids up...
and I waited...
as soon as the kids were off to school you grabbed your bag and headed out the door...
started the car and cranked up the radio...
and I waited...
I know your work is demanding and I waited for your breaks and your lunch hour...
but you were busy running errands and talking to your co workers...
so I waited...
because that's what I do...
after work, you hurried home to meet the kids, do a load of laundry, fix supper...
and as soon as the supper dishes were cleaned up, I thought you would find time then...
but you went in and sat in front of the TV watching mind numbing shows until bedtime...
but I was waiting, like I had been all day long...
you got everyone ready for bed and tucked them all in...
as I waited...
and then you climbed between the covers...
and I thought for sure this would be our time...
but you went right to sleep...
but that's ok, because I'm here watching over you...
keeping you safe...
and maybe tomorrow you will find time to talk to me...
because I will be waiting to spend time with you...
because I love you, you are my child...

Love, GOD

2 comments:

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR TETE,
HOW SAD AS I KNOW THERE HAVE BEEN DAYS I HAVE DONE THE VERY SAME THING. OUR LORD IS SO FULL OF MERCY AND GRACE. I LOVE HIM SO IT EASILY BRINGS ME TO TEARS.
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS.
HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Donnie said...

That always is so special to read.