Monday, June 27, 2011

another day in the yard...

well, things started out like this this morning...
we had thunderstorms through the night...
and almost 3 inches of rain...
cone flowers are opening now...
and we got DH's new coleus transplanted yesterday...
it's called Kong Mosaic...
they are his favorite plant ever...
bushes are blooming and smelling so sweet...
clematis has grown to the top of the trellis and heading back down again...
it hasn't bloomed and probably won't...
blooms on the tomatoes...
so it won't be long before I can start putting some in the freezer for chili this winter...
there is nothing better than home grown tomatoes...
I have noticed in a couple of my beds that the flowers are not as bright this year, so I need to add some acid this fall to the beds...
the sun came out while we were having lunch...
we went back out and tore into the deck area and moved things around so much!
I am working on before and after shots...
you are going to love it!
have a great afternoon!

4 comments:

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I worked in the yard ALL weekend! Still it never gets done! I was out there till 7pm, I could hardly move. But, I needed to get the housework done today!

Will be looking forward to seeing your after project pics!

Honey at 2805 said...

Your pictures are always so lovely. Nice that you had rain. So far this year, it's the dryest since 1847.

NanaDiana said...

Hi Tete- Well, you have been as busy as a bee gathering pollen lately, I see! I am so glad that you are able to get out and do it! I can't believe you had MORE rain...3"...are you building an ark yet? Reminds me of the kid asking his Mom about all the animals, bugs, etc. on the ark. He told his Mom that he wished God had smacked those 2 mosquitoes down when He had the chance!;>)

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your coneflowers are looking nice. I didn't know about the acid. Maybe I need to do that too. We have had thunderstorms every afternoon for eight days. But I won't complain... past summers were so dry.