Friday, June 10, 2011

I made it!

this evening after DH got home for work...
we headed out for the company cookout...
the lake at Walnut Point State Park...
this is where we spent hours when the kids were growing up...
it's only 3 miles north of  town...
Craig out on one of the smaller docks...
I am fascinated with dead trees...
I have no idea why...
and sorry about this photo...
but I only got one of the picnic area we used...
it is handicapped accessable...
there are nice wide concrete paths for my chair...
DH's boss, Danny, went out early and cooked the pork loin and pulled pork...
I did not eat anything except a sugar cookie right before we left...
DH said it was really good and it smelled wonderful...
then Craig and I walked down to the boat ramp...
it had a ramp, too...
and the one side was open so I could see the water...
and the little blue gill swimming...
it's already starting to scum over...
and this is where they dump all the old Christmas trees to make breeding areas for the fish...
and the storms stayed away...
it was hot, but it was at least 10 degrees cooler back in the woods...
many of them fished while we were there...
most of the time the dock was full of people...
only caught little blue gill...
what us real fishermen call bait...
LOL
I had a great time but spent the whole time in the chair and my legs were sore from dangling the whole time...
didn't have my foot things on it...
and my feet won't touch the ground...
next time I won't sit in it so long...
I would have done better if I would have sat at the picnic table some...
DH was happy that I went...
he has had to do so much alone without me...
he misses me going with him...
so that's it for now...
it's almost time for bed...
my pink saturday post will happen tomorrow...
have a great night...

2 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

Glad you got to go and had a good time. You need to get your foot things on it - you'll end up with blood clots or something if you just dangle there. Like I'm a nurse or anything!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

We are very thankful when we have our reunion there that is is cooler in the woods!! It is a beautiful park. So glad u went!!