Monday, June 20, 2011

It's been a SweetCheeks kind of afternoon...

some of you may ask- "What is a SweetCheeks?"
well, I'll get to that in a minute...
I need to explain why I'm not sewing right now...
after the last post- we did lunch- late...
so at 2pm, Craig didn't think I would have time to locate all the parts needed and have it done before supper...
I sew at the kitchen table...
so we went back outside...
and the wind was blowing!
can you see it?
but before I get ahead of myself again...
these photos are from right after lunch...
and I wanted to show you my tomato plants...
and Robbie playing prairie dogs...
Craig finishing up the trim mowing...
but trying to tell me he was out of gas and couldn't do anymore...
knowing the can was full...
he can't lie to me...
he laughs when he tries...
even Bebe knew he was bogus!
so he finished and I took photos...
and we were both tired...
so we came back in and napped...
then we had lunch...
nixed the idea of digging out the sewing machine...
and went back out...
now this is where the SweetCheeks part comes in...
who is she?
she is the 4 year old tennis racket swinging, opera singing bundle of fun that NanaDiana calls granddaughter, that's who...
so here comes the funny...
it's been a tooting afternoon for me...
sausage biscuit Saturday and tons of cold medicine and ibuprophene yesterday is playing around with my IBS today...
so it has been a good day to be outside...
SweetCheeks toots when she laughs...
I toot when I laugh...
when I bend over...
when I cough...
and sometimes, just because...
which makes Craig roll his eyes...
and say bad things to me...
like "Nursing Home"...
so he took me for another walk...
and the neighbor dog, Tucker, who is huge!
who loves to lick my armpits-YUCK!..
is loose...
and his dad is at work...
so he comes  up to us...
I pet him a couple times...
and that ungrateful mutt...
cute doggie...
hikes a leg...
and just misses my leg and foot and gets my wheel chair!
our neighbor thought it was funny...
Craig thought it was funny...
I laughed, but for the life of me...
I couldn't toot on that doggie like I wanted to...
so, we take him back down the street and Craig walked over to his pen and he went right inside...
so we came back and pulled more weeds...
and washed the chair!
and then I could toot again...
so after the weed pulling and before we put this back...
I was sitting there taking photos and thinking about SweetCheeks and her toots...
and her giggling about it...
and I was wondering what she would have done if Tucker would have tried to pee on her...
the world may never know the answer to that question...
I was thinking I sure needed her tennis racket...
I thought it was funny when old Tuck tried to pee on Bebe and Robbie...
or a water bottle so I have a fighting chance...
wading boots may be another option...
I am so glad he missed my leg...
I am not going anywhere else today...
just in case the Karma thing is happening...
but for the life of me...
I don't ever remember peeing on anyone...
ever...

well, that's all I have to say about that...

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

OMG- I sm laughing my butt off reading this. I can only imagine that SweetCheeks would be rolling on the ground laughing if she saw that happen to you! I am still laughing even as I type. I was trying to picture a dog that was tall enough to lick your armpits but then realized that you must be sitting!;>)

My friend took her little grandson to the zoo here one time and the lion walked up next to the fence and "sprayed" her...that was SOOO awful! lol Funny...but awful!

Have a great night- xo Diana

Unknown said...

So durn cute, Tete. That is how Love Is...

Yes, Diana's g'kid-ling is adorable! I get such a kick out of her.

What a day you had sweet friend...
Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

OK...stop...my cheeks hurt from laughing! My son is looking at me like I have 3 heads! I say you get together with little SC and do a post together!