Tuesday, July 26, 2011

remember spring?

well, with the heat starting to climb back into the 90s...
it's kind of hard to think about it...
but it's too hot and nasty to play in the beds...
and things are pretty much the way they are going to be until the frost comes...
now's the time to start planning your spring...
time to make diagrams, if you do that...
time to start looking for bulbs at the stores...
time to think about color...
height...
because gardening is a gentle balance of enjoying what is happening today...
with dreams of what is coming...
tulips, daffodils and crocus scream spring and rebirth...
I have a row of daffodils I want to dig and spread around all over...
they came from my father in law years ago...
and they have multiplied so well...
I do my spring bulbs in September- first of October, depending on the weather...
I like my beds to just happen...
especially with the spring bulbs...
and I am going to snag up some more crocus and tulip bulbs this year...
throw them all in a basket and let my guys go out and plant them...
so I can be surprised and amazed again next spring...
so if you're bored, get out the catalogs, google spring bulbs and go back and look at your spring photos...
and start dreaming...

4 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

I love your pictures! They are lovely. Nice colors!

ShabbyESP said...

Hello Tete,
Beautiful pictures of flowers they are so lovely!!! Are they all from your garden?
Thanks for stopping by and visiting and leaving your sweet comment. My mother was not happy I painted it pink but I know where it came from and it means a lot to me that it was given to me.
Enjoy your day!!
Suzann ~xoxo~

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Gorgeous flowers! I don't want to remember Spring here. It actually was rainy and cold and our blooms came up late, yuk! Every year I say I am going to plant bulbs, but don't. Maybe this year, ha??!!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

miruku said...

Love the pictures, lovely colour.