Wednesday, September 14, 2011

morning...

we got a tad of rain last night in a thunderstorm...
and every little bit helps around here...
things are still turning and this will be my last mum to bloom...
rose of sharon has a few blooms left...
we are supposed to get down to 39 tonight...
92 yesterday for a high...
from a/c to heat...
corn...
too wet to rustle this morning...
here is an ear that's only about a quarter the length...
and that's not good...

DH is on jury duty this week...
and he had to show up yesterday...
and they picked him...
so the trial started yesterday afternoon...
and he doesn't have to go back until 1:00 today...
but they think they can tie it all up by tomorrow...
he said he would rather be at work...
but it's been nice having him home this morning...
made chicken and noodles this morning...
smells great in here...

most of the housework is already done...
got up and got to it...
may need a nap soon...
have a great day!

9 comments:

Donnie said...

I've been called twice for jury duty but was released because I worked for neurologists. That was okay with me. I made chicken and noodles this past weekend so we have been eating them most everyday. Make quite a bit...lol...

Jettie said...

I've been on jury duty twice, and served on 4 different cases, the last time. 2 drug cases, a medical malpractice case, and a car accident.

We are still eating turkey and stuffing from the weekend.

LV said...

I always enjoyed jury duty, but now I AM TOO OLD. THEY DON'T WANT ME. IT IS HARD FOR ME TO REALIZE YOU POSSIBLY WILL HAVE 39 DEGREES. WHEN WE ARE STILL HAVING 107 YESTERDAY.

Unknown said...

Hi Tete, What are your favorite color combinations, your journal will be created especially for you with your favorite colors. The theme is Angels as we a were Calling All Angels for the makeover party. Get it? Let me know sweetie, thanks and hugs Marilou

Kathy said...

You are talking my talk, I do love a good nap. I love your photos the corn stalks look wonderful. I love to decorate with them for fall, The squirrels love the corn so much it is a daily job keeping it designed. I am your newest follower and will be back. drop by my blog I am hosting a giveaway in celebration of my 100th follower. Kathy

NanaDiana said...

I am still up but going to bed right now -now that I have read your morning post- xo Diana

Donna said...

Hi Tete,
Jury duty is never fun, boring!!! Wow, you are having some crazy weather! My mom said that the corn is changing back home, too! A sure sign that fall has arrived. Enjoy the rest of your week:)

Heaven's Walk said...

It's sad to gradually turn the corner to see autumn standing there waiting for us, huh, Tete? I'm sorry to see the sweetness of summer slip away...I guess I'll just start counting the days until Sanibel! :)

xoxo laurie

Beth said...

Hi Tete, Thanks for your sweet comment! The chicken and noodles sound great. We always eat ours over mashed potatoes. Lots of starch! I like your photos of the rose and of the corn. Fall is definitely on its way.
Hugs and blessings, Beth