Friday, October 21, 2011

the rains have stopped...

we ended up with a tad more than 3 inches over the last several days...
and still no frost...
the birds will be berry, berry rich this winter...
the sun felt so good today...
but the temps still a bit chilly...
spooky old tree...
my kids and I used to read that book every fall...
over and over...
there are a few spirits lurking about...
they are more afraid of  you than  you are of them...
and we have bright fall colors..
the deepening of the sedum is wonderful this year...
and a new transplant blooms...
light and dark mix well together here...
I sure got my money's worth out of these this year...
so why don't you sit a spell with me...
cup of maple leaf tea?
anyone?
anyone?
yeah, today is the day we turned over the rain gauge...
and my tea cups are brought in and washed up for next  year...
we might...
slight chance...
get frost tonight...
spider plants coming in, too...
and when we get up in the morning...
this could all be gone...
but if it's not, it soon will be...
we need to get things ready for winter...
and we know that's coming soon enough...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Getting ready for winter....bwah...I will not be sad that I did not get to have enough of the beautiful Fall that you are displaying in your post today...I will think of and be happy that God let our house sell fast in NC and that I DID get to have SOME of the beautiful days of Fall here in Iowa before the stark cold days of winter set in...it will let me have memories that ALL is not cold and windy here in Iowa.
God is good! and your yard is gorgeous! Hugs for a great weekend Tete! enjoyed the garden tour! lovely!

Heaven's Walk said...

Praise the Lord - they've stopped here, too, Tete! Still had a cold, cloudy day today, but now the stars are out and tomorrow promises to be a beautiful autumn day. Great for blowing more leaves. lol! I'm spending every minute I can out in that waning sunshine....! :)

xoxo laurie