Sunday, October 23, 2011

yesterday...

DH had a Saturday off!
after he went to town for stuff...
had the truck's battery checked and replaced...
we headed for Ashmore...
now this is like 3 blocks out of town north...
I have not been down this road before...
and it's my newest favorite place...
there is a tad bit of corn left standing...
and they were working it hard yesterday...
I would love to own this space...
I'ld put a house there...
wouldn't ya just love to snoop around in there?
heading out of Ashmore for home...
we have a new road!
smooth as a baby's bottom...
then, back in town...
dummy me calling cows for photos...
only the bulls looked my way...
move on, dear...
I messed up...
that's a puney fence and those weeds just aren't thick enough...
there is color all around and more coming...
Laurie, look!
more leaves!
she has a thing about them...
love this...
she has been spruced up this summer...
steps fixed, painted...
this is the first house in town to have an inside toilet...
really...
blue skies and orange leaves...
around the square...
just a sleepy little town...
deserted on Saturday afternoons...
everything closed at noon at Saturday so you can go to town...
that's Charleston...
it was homecoming weekend at EIU...
so many went to the parade and game...

the only time this place hops is at  harvest, which is winding down...
and when someone needs help...

DH had to go in early today...
after 3 inches of rain, it didn't slow things down at all...
the farmers where hitting the fields Thursday...
thought the guys would get a breather...
nah...not here...
we were so dry...
could use some more, too...

we had a good day...
just being together...
take a drive...
watching tv...
went for a couple walks...
and played with 3 baby kittens...
nothing much better than that...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love days like this one..going out for a ride, adventures to be found and what a sleepy little town you have..the best kind ever..
Enjoy your Sunday..
~Shirley

NanaDiana said...

Tete-Taking a minute off from my work to make some more coffee. I love your day yesterday..and your drive. I would love to see the inside of that house tha has been all spruced up, too. How funny that everything closes so early on a Saturday! xo Diana

Debbie said...

Your day looks wonderful to me, Tete. Just spending a sunny afternoon together, looking at all the colors and beautiful land around you...mmmmmm.
Great pictures of a great day.
Hugs.

Julie said...

Little towns...they speak without saying a word....about what LIFE is really all about...and somehow time slows down....love it. love the pics...and the HOUSE!oh my...on a ride with the man seeing Fall and the some furry kittens tacked on at the end...Can't beat it in my book! Hugs to you Tete.