Monday, November 14, 2011

tornadoes in November...

this is what we had today...
4am the siren went off...
yeah, we just got one...
but we didn't hear it for the wind...
we had a tornado watch for a little while and the a warning until 7pm...
we ended up with a lot of rain, thunder and lightening...
but no twister...
yeah!
had no idea it was that bad...
I was on my way to bed and fell asleep watching the lightening...
one of my favorite things to do...
we had high 60s today and we sat out on the deck...
I started out with a terrible morning...
IBS...
in the bathroom until noon...
got a pinched nerve in my lower back from Saturday...
did it scooting on my butt on the deck while we had the babies out...
dumb...
used the walker Saturday and Sunday morning...
getting around better today but still slow...
sore but not in pain...
this is my favorite rose ever...
and it even has new growth on it...
crazy weather...
beats that 4 letter word...
s*@#...
lovin' it as long as the tornadoes stay away...
the days are more like spring days here...

hope you all are safe and not in the path of anything nasty...
may God bless and keep you through the night...

6 comments:

Jettie said...

That is a beautiful rose, love them, just don't have any.
Happy there were no tornadoes, that is the one weather system that scares me.

NanaDiana said...

Okay- I am trying to picture you scooting around on your butt! You WERE fully clothed, weren't you? Just checking! Glad you are feeling better. Slow is okay- Being in pain is not!

That rose is beautiful. Soon there will be snow on it but enjoy it while the fine late Fall days hold warmth. Unbelievable weather this year! xo Diana

Julie said...

Oh my gosh Tete...that IS SCARY. I don't like the effect those sirens have on me. Since I have been here, I have found out once a month that they do a test for emergency broadcasts, and there are loud voices over speakers and then sirens. Never experienced that before - the first time it FREAKED me out!!! a little unnerving if you don't know what's going on. NONE of that in Charlotte NC. I'm glad you are okay. The roses are beautiful...And for goodness sakes girl. NO MORE SCOOTING...you might end up having splinters picked out of your rump...to boot! besides a hurt back. Let the kittens come to YOU...lol... Hugs to you. Stay safe.

KrippledWarrior said...

Thanks for dropping bye and for leaving such encouraging words,
Kurt

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

oh...I don't like to hear that u had to use the w/c :(

I was getting ready to come home and their was bad weather of course between charleston and greenup! But I finally left about 415.

now get to feeling better, u cant blog from the bathroom!

Beth said...

Tete, Your roses are beautiful. I have some roses still blooming too - 50s and 60s the last two days - the colder weather comes tomorrow but it'll be warm again by the wknd. When the cold front hits the warm front, that spawns the storms. Glad you are ok. We did not have any storms, just unseasonably warm, gorgeous weather!
Hugs, Beth