Monday, December 12, 2011

well, its done...

took the last pill this morning...
had a half good day...
crafted a little bit this morning...
nothing major, but it was fun to do it again...
we have been doing something Christmassy every day...
nothing major...
but I think we are finally done with the decorating...
today was the last little tweak...
had to get the measuring tape out and center the stockings on the mantle...
the guys thought they looked just fine...
but I knew they weren't and had to do something about it...
you know the drill...
so, after measuring twice and hammer in hand...
it was finished...
exact...
smack dab in the center now...
I love these little stockings...
picked them up on clearance a few years ago...
stuffed them with walmart bags and they are ready to go...
there is only one on the right, but I  found 2 of the one on the left and they flank the center gold one...
got these for show only...
our "real" ones are all character ones...
haven't run across them yet...
and don't think we will...

do you have your stocking hung by the fire with care?
better get moving...
not long before Santa makes his way into your homes...


6 comments:

Leslie said...

While I love the look and the history behind hanging stockings in front of the fireplace, my fireman husband strictly opposes... Oh well... we hang them in other places around the home.. ;)

Julie said...

Measure twice...Hang Once. :-) Shopping for Stocking goodies a lot of times was way more fun for me than gift buying. It was ALL surprises...:-) Hugs to you Tete. Glad you got that last one taken!!! xoxo

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

glad u caught up with me...I kept wondering why I rarely saw u comment? My internet in Charleston is slow so I am having trouble loading pics. Will be home tomorrow but have enjoyed my week at 1515!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tete, so good to see you! My guy always thinks everything looks just fine but never to me. If I don't get it just right, it bugs the heck out of me. I still have our foyer to decorate. I was having the hardest time with it and didn't know which direction to go. Knew I wanted to put the nativity scene there....(it's big) but that's all I could figure out. Sounds silly huh? But something on someone's blog caught my eye this morning and I am back on track again. xoxo

Pam Kessler said...

I don't hang my stockings until Christmas Eve. Or else the animals start playing with them. A have a few with the toes chewed out to prove it :(. Your stocking are very pretty though!

Annesphamily said...

It sounds like you have been very busy! I love hanging stockings. I don't have a mantel these days. :( But this coming year, God willing, we are all ok, I am going to get new stockings for each one of us and have them personalized. I don't have the talent my late aunt Ang had. She handmade each stocking and personalized our names in sequins, quite a feat considering she had rheumatoid arthritis. I loved your post.