Sunday, February 19, 2012

what I found at Walmart yesterday...

 a composition book, small kitten calendar, stickers and easter cards...
ribbon and 2 small crosses...
I kind of stick these everywhere...
new make up...
I love Cover Girl and Maybelline...
the only things that don't break my face out...
sugar free reece's cups...
a new throw that was $7 on the clearance shelves...
plastic eggs for the trees outside...
2 bags of them...
84 eggs...
going to need some help getting those put out later...
these were .97...
they will be stuck in the flower beds...
we do not have any little ones at all...
so we shopped for Doug's best friend's little boy...
Malachi...
the one who helped with the Halloween stuff...
and a bucket and grass to go with it...
this little monkey poops candy!
and it makes sounds like a monkey when it does it...

DH found exciting things like transmission fluid and windshield wipers...
and of course there were the paper towels, paper plates, and shampoo...
he also needed vitamins...
so he has the energy to push me around...
bwahahaha!

I did find a brown pull over sweater for $7 and a purple T-shirt...
I also picked up 3 bras...
I was so displeased with the clothing department...
it was a mess and the clothes were really bad...
who do they think is going to wear some of that stuff?

they sure didn't have a lot of seasonal things to choose from...
the produce was nasty looking...
well, its just going to pot here...
the crafting area was almost empty...
so sad...
we do not have a hobby lobby close at all...

we don't have a target close, either...
I would be there instead of walmart...
I miss our old K- mart...
I think I might get the old man to take me to Walgreen's next time...
we have a new one I haven't been in yet...
they used to have nice seasonal things...
fun stuff...
I'm all about fun...

we went out to the VFW for breakfast this morning...
got to sit and visit with a couple of old friends...
and $4 buys all you can eat...
and they have everything...
Marci, who is 81 now, waited on us...
she's a pearl...
she is going in for hip replacement next month...
but she's still going...
Marci and I go way back...
done quite a bit of fund raising together...
in our younger days...
LOL
all for the kids in town...
I could always count on her to help out...
the VFW is open every Sunday morning for breakfast...

well, better get off of here and get the rest of my work done...
and maybe we might head out and try something new today...
who knows...
have a great sunny (here) day!

8 comments:

Terra said...

Tete, you have a great fun loving spirit, which shows in this post, and in all your Easter decor, and the basket with that cute monkey for the friend's son. Your shopping trip was very productive girl!

Unknown said...

We were in Wal Mart last night & browsed the Easter items. Some fun things but all we got was jelly beans eggs & 2 cards .. & 2 crafty gifts for a young girl with brain cancer to brighten her day.

Wish ours had the sales yours has.

Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Debbie said...

Holy Moly, Tete! Looks like you filled your cart at Wally World.
We are very limited for shopping up here too. Walmart and Kmart. I drive an hour for the other stores that I like.
Bless your heart for picking up the little bucket filled with goodies for
Malachi.
Enjoy your Sunday.
xxoo

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh My Goodness Tete Sweetie...
Looks like you really found ALOT at Wal-Mart. I never come out that good. I have been pretty disappointed in the clothes there as well. I used to find lots and of late, nothing that appeals to me.

I too was looking for St. Patty's day supplies, and nothing. I can't figure out what is happening with that store.

Love that monkey though and my grand boys would love that for Easter. I am going to see if I can find those here locally. Thanks so much for sharing him.

Love your things for the garden. It will look beautiful as always. You have such beautiful gardens dear friend.

Have fun today. Can't wait to see your next adventure. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

P.S. I also loved your Easter cards, I have to get some of those as well. Thanks for the tip.

Patty Sumner said...

Only you Tete could have this much fun at Walmart......lol
Sugar free Reese cups...What? I did not know they made a healthy version of those goodies... love that! Easter is coming up fast... I am going to have to find some of those goodies for my Grands. Blessings!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am always so happy to hear that you have been out and about...that is the best thing for the soul.
The clothes at walmart are bad...I use to be able to buy dress pants and things there years ago that were nice...now you can not even get a decent top or pair of jeans!
Love the throw..will look great in the fall!
have a wonderful sunday..

Heaven's Walk said...

It's so much fun to wander around Wally World for no reason at all. Just wander and grab specials when you see them! Looks like you've got Easter on your mind already, Tete! :)

xoxo laurie

Unknown said...

aahhh your Easter goodies are lovely looks like your going to be really busy making things. Bless your friend i hope her hip op goes well i have had to major hip ops myself although mine was where they re constructed my own and put my hip back into the right place. But i understand what it will be like for her and the pain she must be in. Have a lovely Monday. dee x