Sunday, March 25, 2012

spring fever, in a can...

well, things keep getting greener and bloomers keep blooming...

lilac...
won't bloom this year...

needs another coat of paint this year...

lily of the valley are coming up...

and the trees are starting to green up a bit, too...

more fun coming soon...

ordered some paint from the hardware store...
couldn't get the color I wanted, but this was close...

the mail box before...

during...

birdcage also got shot...

and the birds on the birdbath...
needs sanded down a tiny bit...

and after...

more yellow...

replaces the daffodils, which are toast now...

and the forsythia is fading...

DH worked today, but when he got home, we headed for the deli...

and Bebe wasn't too sure about this...
he has never gotten gas here before...
and he was shaking a bit...
we came home, ate supper...
got bored...
so we had our first official bonfire of the season...
which got rained out...
started sprinkling as soon as we lit it...
but it wasn't much so we sat out there for awhile...
until it rained a little harder and came in...
looking around, there is so much to do yet, but its too early...
some crazy farmers are planting corn...
silly boys...
their crop insurance isn't any good on anything planted before the middle of April...
but the have been plowing  up a storm...

and the dogwood are blooming...
I know that's what I look forward to the most...
;)

3 comments:

Jettie said...

I love that mailbox, and now that it is blue, I love it more.
Your tulips are beautiful, wish I had a place to plant some.

Oh and the Dogwood is blooming up a storm here, too. I need to walk out to where mine is, and take a photo of it.

Thanks for your help on getting my blog back to 'normal'.
Love ya,
J

NanaDiana said...

Love your new color- I just picked p 2 cans of that same paint, Tete. I wish it was just a tad more "toned down" but I still love the color, don't you?

I think Bebe was quaking because of the gas prices and worried there wasn't going to be enough left over for a treat for him...cuz I KNOW you gave him a treat!!!

Your blooms are all looking good there and the farmers are plowing here too! They don't usually plant until May here so maybe God has been talking to them directly!

It is a lovely morning here and I think it might be sunny for a while- I am tired of gray, dreary skies. Have a wonderful Sunday- We are off to pack up more stuff~ xo Diana

ShabbyESP said...

Happy Sunday Tete!!!
Love all your pictures, you sure are surrounded with loveliness!!!
It is a beautiful day here in Orlando not too hot yet!!!
Enjoy your day!!!
Suzann ~xoxo~