Monday, December 17, 2012

a day of silence...

2 days of silence...
I understand that there is a thing going around blog land for us to remain silent...
but I can't do that...

I used to ask my mom many questions growing up...
and among them was one about death...

My mom always had an answer for everything I asked her and one time I asked her about dying. She said the old must and the young do. I said why does God take babies and small children from their moms and dads? She said that even God loves babies and small children, they are the closest to his heart. From then on, I always pictured God in heaven, sitting on the ground, playing in the dirt with little kids all around Him.

Mom always called babies His best creation. I think she was right about that. As far as this all that has happened, nothing happens without Him allowing it. The only power anyone has, to do good or evil, is what He gives them. That's where choice comes in. Free will. It would be so easy for Him to hold a lightening bolt to our heads and demand we obey, but then that's not what he wants. He wants us to want Him.

He doesn't want people who follow Him with just their minds. He wants us to follow with our hearts.

Hearts are broken and He heals them. He never gives us more than we can bare, ever. He will carry any burden we lay at His feet.

Can you imagine the scene in Heaven when all this happened? How many of those gone went in together? Holding hands, like in line at school. No fear, just love and joy and peace.

It was over quickly, no lingering deaths, no illness and endless hours of pain and suffering. Released from the chains of this world to claim their place beside His throne. To be spending their first Christmas in Heaven with the birthday boy himself? How awesome would that be?

Why did he allow it? For the rest of us to stand up for Him and take a stand against all of this evil and chaos. To declare that He is Christ the Lord and without knowing Him, you will burn in hell for eternity. To take back our homes, our families, our towns, our schools and our country in His name. To put Him back in the center of it all.

We need to become righteous in His name and to understand that the enemy is getting stronger because we lack ethics, morality and spirituality. That is why and how this happened.

And it will get worse. Because all these things must come to pass, for He is coming back and the trumpet could sound at any time.

My prayers are for those left behind, because God has the others covered. What they will have to do to get through the rest of their lives is rely on Him. Some will get closer than they ever have been and some will walk away out of bitterness. Pray for the bitter ones. You and I know that the only way they will ever see those smiling faces again is if they are able to walk through that gate when their walk is done.

May God have mercy on all their souls, for this is a bitter pill.


I cannot be silent...

there is too much at stake...

we must pray like we have never prayed before...

we must love like He told us to...

and we must take a stand against the enemy of the throne...

the change begins inside each one of us...

make the change....

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

You needed to post this- Blessings- xo Diana

Jettie said...

AMEN and bless you for posting this.
Prayer and belief is the answer to all.

Jennifer Hatt said...

Bless you for putting up this post, i just found out the other day about what happend. My heart hurt for all, so many lost and living with out Christ. I pray that we will come together and stand beside one another not just in times of need but anytime and check on our fellow man, ask what we can do to make this world a better place.

Jenn

It's Just Dottie said...

Thank You!!!
Dottie

Annesphamily said...

Tete, thank you. You and I are so much alike! My grandmother use to say The good die young and the rest of us are left behind to learn God's lessons about life and His love. Oh how I hate to be political so let me say only this, we need to pray for these families and let them grieve. I am trusting God. He has all of life's answers. So I will pray. I wore my green and white today in rememberance of the Sandy Hook Elementary School victims. I will pray and I will post. I think it is a time for us to join together and not tear each other down. God Bless You for your beautiful kind heart. You are a very wise woman. Love and blessings, Anne