Thursday, January 3, 2013

valentine's day tree...

this year, it has no lights...

and as I find new and fun things...

they will be added as well...

it sits in the kitchen where I look straight into it from the kitchen table...
you know...
right next to the mantle...
that we moved over in front of the north facing windows...
because there seems to be a drafty area there...
I think it needs a sock monkey, so I am on the look out for one with a heart...
the baby is lose and running amuck...
every now and then, I am a victim of a drive by...

just got a load of laundry in the dryer...
need to do some quick pick up and light dusting...
not sure what's going on after lunch...
Craiger woke with a head ache...
so he is getting his shower first...
I couldn't sleep last night so went back to bed this morning...
got up with a stuffed up head...
too hot in here, so got up and it drained ok...
turned the heat down...

been blog hopping a bit, but have more to do...
and then I have this really good book a friend got me for Christmas that I want to start on...
still in the teens here, so not a good day to be out...
not at all...
so come back later and I will show you something else!

today's thought...
just for you...
big hugs...


5 comments:

Terra said...

I like your quote about dreams, as dream is my word for 2013. Your plans for the day sound good involving a book and tea and staying warm.

NanaDiana said...

Love your thought for the day. It sounds like things are doing okay at your house today. Hope you feel good today and get some stuff done that you want to do.
I have a book calling my name, too, but don't know when I will get at it.
Your little heart tree is just darling- I love it- xo Diana

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

The Valentines tree is going to be Perfect ~ I still have my Christmas stuff up, but by the weekend the few things I had out will be put away, I just want to clean out the storage area first where the tree goes.... You know I forgot that you have the Blue Egg Nest, so happy to remember that~ hope you don't mind that I am using it for my new Etsy shop logo~ I just thought it was fresh & glittery! Stay Warm
xox
Cheryl

Unknown said...

Really like that little tree-I hope you got some good rest. I'm going to steal that thought for the day for my bulletin board.

Heaven's Walk said...

I adore your idea of a Valentine tree, Tete. :) What a sweet thing to have in your home! And your thought for the day was a balm to my soul. Thank you for that. ♥

How are you healing up, my dear? Doing ok??

xoxo laurie