Monday, April 21, 2014

it was a wonderful Easter day...

Craig had to work the whole weekend, but before he left...
he helped his dad move this from the island to the side yard...
love it here...

and the mower guy came and the yard so needed to be mowed...

and its all pretty now...

and here is the peeps on a stick that I got DH...
first time that I have seen them...
and he is a peep fan, so he got it...

Craig also helped us move things around out here...
and its as clean as its going to be until we hook the hose up...
still have more fluffy to do...

and we have some more things blooming...

and about to bloom...

and still blooming...

the last couple of days have made a big difference here...

lily of the valley are up...

Hermie...
loves being outside...

and I even got some bird shots in...

in fact, I took around 200 photos yesterday...

so hard to narrow it down to just a few...
DH and I spent most of the day to ourselves...
piddling around...
went for a short drive...
had hamburgers for lunch and hot dogs and home fries for supper...
kind of burnt out on the ham and noodles...
I even made me my first slaw dog...
its was awesome!

it was so nice having our dinner on Friday...
we got to eat whatever and rest up the rest of the weekend...
the Easter egg hunt on the square was fun...
loved seeing all the town kids running around with their baskets...
the weather has been just perfect...
we could use some rain, though...
so much I need to get done inside now...
sewing projects, painting...
putting up the Easter stuff...
got a tan already going, too...
so more sunshine this week to get that darker...

it was a blessed weekend...
even with losing a neighbor on Friday...
and it being the 1 year anniversary of dad passing to the other side...
Easter day was his birthday and Uncle Don's, too...
;)
have a fun week!

7 comments:

Jackie See said...

Those sad anniversaries are tough... Glad you are having sunny and warm days. My fibro gets better when I get sunshine. I always love your photos!

Donna said...

The first year is always the hardest, I think. And the anniversaries, too. Glad you had a nice Easter weekend, love your blooms and the picture of kitty is so cute1

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

oh you have a bed on the porch! how delightful! i've never experienced sleeping out. but my husband has, when younger. it must be delightful...

Susie said...

Tete, Hugs to you, I know that your father is with the Lord, but you miss him too. I don't think I will ever not miss my parents. Your lawn looks so very green, smooth, and pretty. I have totally enjoyed our good weather the past two days. wow. xoxo,Susie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

It was a glorious day. i felt very blessed to have good weather, work in the yard, spend time with MR. and a wonderful dinner at my SIL's.
Glad yours was good too!

NanaDiana said...

Tete- Your yard and gardens are looking just beautiful! WOW! I am glad you had such a nice weekend and got so much done. You are WAY ahead of me! Hope you have a great night- I am wiped out and ready to hit the sack I think- xo Diana

Willow said...

Everything looks like it is shaping up beautifully at your house Tete ! Love those peeps on a stick too .