Wednesday, May 21, 2014

storms going through today...

the morning was pretty nice...
nice enough to sit in the window and talk to the birds...

but it heated up pretty quick and we closed the windows and turned the air on...
before bath...

after bath...

we met DH at work and delivered Myra to her new mommy...
and showed off Charlie...
got home right before this hit...

there was softball size hail north of here, but we only got the marble size stuff...

it sounds terrible on the deck's tin roof!

we had no damage and no wind with it...
;)

and as soon as it eased up, the birds came back...
that's a baby wood pecker..

DH ran out and filled the feeders...

and I took some photos...

then we got a bit more hail...
and it was over...

there are dark clouds and thunder moving over us right now...

we could use a bit more rain...

the lilac is growing through the lattice...

Lester was in the yard when it hit...
he can run pretty fast when he has to...

and then one of the squirrels came to feed...
and now I know how my bird house gets knocked off of the bike seat now...

it was a good day until this afternoon...
got a pinched nerve that's made me sick to my stomach...
I have got to slow down...
sometimes I forget I am not normal anymore...
and it always comes back to bite me on the butt...
;)
resting tomorrow...

don't know if I told you or not, but Craig started working inside yesterday...
he is no longer a cart pusher...
and he is getting a 60 cent raise...
;)
he is stocking groceries, dry goods, now...
and he liked it...
he likes the manager and the people he worked with...
so, he is a happy camper...
;)

stay safe tonight...
hope you are not in the path of these storms...
Susie, I hope you are far enough north to miss the bad stuff...
and have a good day tomorrow...


6 comments:

Marissa said...

Tete, I hate hail we got a new roof last year because of major hail damage. And it was no fun dealing with insurance.
Love your beautiful porch so cozy.

Susie said...

Tete, I was blessed and the storms stayed south of here. You were lucky to just get pea sized hail but it all can do damage. Hope that's the last of that stuff. Charlie is doing well it seems. Blessings for a great day, xoxo,Susie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

With summer coming I am glad Craig gets to work inside and what a nice raise!
Lester is beautiful..I lose track of all your babies!

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

With summer coming I am glad Craig gets to work inside and what a nice raise!
Lester is beautiful..I lose track of all your babies!

Jettie said...

Air Conditioning and a good raise, wow, he'll be happy for a long time.
LOL on cat dodging the hailstones.

Willow said...

I love the picture of the squirrel on the bird house ~ now there's a note card ! Wow it has been years since I have seen hail.
Do pace yourself ~ no good making yourself sick . I hope you are feeling better soon