Monday, May 5, 2014

therapy...

both mental and physical...

it was a wonderful day with sunshine and warmer air lightly moving around...

got the peppers planted and just ate on left overs...
no cooking at all...

so I had some extra time to dig in the dirt...
still hard and dry after the rain last week...

so got this worked up and weeded...
and Alice found her new home...

I sat and listened to the birds sing, the dogs bark and lawn mowers in the distance...
every now and then a saw would sing out and then go silent again...

and the little girl next door would hop over every now and then to just chat a bit...

and we took a couple walks and visited with our neighbors...

love this little bird nest...
its right about the bridge...

and I talked to God a bit, too...

just checking in and thanking him for a great weekend...

love the violets in the neighbor's yard...

the beds are getting pretty full...

and there are some areas that need a good thinning out...

all the plants we bought last year made it through the winter...

and another neighbor's lilac...
she let me cut a bunch to bring home...
they are by the kitchen sink...

and they smell so good...
guess we have one more year to wait for ours to bloom...
I can't wait!
it really felt like spring out there today...
its still a little cold digging in the dirt...
the ground is warming up, though...
should be a good week...
one of rest, maybe...
got a few things to do today if I feel up to it...
;)
hope you had time to play in the dirt!

6 comments:

Jettie said...

I love the smell of lilacs, but I don't have any left.
We played in the dirt a bit last evening, but the sun was beating down and I got out of it, very quickly.

Susie said...

Tete, Your yard and gardens are looking so pretty. I talked with God a lot this weekend also. The trees and flowers are blooming and the weather is promising this week. My daughter is well enough to go back to her class, which I am so very thankful . You know I love lilacs also, they were my mom's favorite. Blessings for a great week, xoxo,Susie

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Tete, you have a lovely yard! Played in the dirt yesterday. It was wonderful to get outside and clean up the yard and get it ready for summertime!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

so happy you are seeing such nice weather. enjoy it! as if i had to tell you that. :-)

here, it's still cold. and our furnace quit working. mmmm, "murphy's law" and all that jazzzz. but wes is here, working on it. and the sun keeps peeking out.

thank you for the good wishes, for husband. i'm sure his appointment will go well.

tessa~

Donna said...

Those lilacs are so pretty, Tete! I wish ours would do better. Your blooms are all so pretty, your season is just a little ahead of ours. My lily of the valley is just starting to show the white buds. I can't wait, they smell so good!

Annesphamily said...

Pretty blooms and sweet smelling scents. What a beautiful day!