Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Fourth of July!

we had a good, busy day here...
started off trimming trees out front...

and headed to the back of the side yard...
to conquer the weeds...

morning glory by the field...

soy beans...

weeds...

and we drug things out and started in...

and then I looked up and thought, those need trimmed, too...

and now the sun can come in on the day lilies and garden...

these are doing great...

lots of blooms...

but this bed was in total shade and not one flower...

the sun could barely peek through...

so hoping this helps things back there...

green beans coming on again...

and we worked out here until noon...

and that's almost a finished area...
but we had this afternoon and tomorrow morning to get it all done...

all those rains and muggy weather made things grow pretty fast...

we planted this area last night...

I put a begonia in the pot on its side...

gives some color to this area that was all green...

and we have a volunteer squash coming up by the burn pile...

I have been working on the kitchen off and on all week...

this is my new work area...

got the table in front of the windows and my area over here now...

we cooked out on the grill for supper...
and had those green beans with it tonight...
and it was so good...

I am so tired...
thinking of heading to bed now...
will probably be up later tonight...
;0)
got a big evening tomorrow...
so I need to rest up...

hope your weekend is going well...
:0)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, You had another productive day. Things look pretty in your yard. The weeds are a job lately, I know. At least you had a cook-out. I love when Ted cooks out, safes me from a lot of heat in the kitchen. Hope your weekend is fn. xoxo,Susie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

you have WEEDS? Oh NO! giggling
they are awful, looks like I never weeded some of the beds. Have a great weekend