Tuesday, November 25, 2014

just a little share...

its going on 10pm here and everyone is asleep but me and Daphne...
so thought I would do a quick post...
and share this family recipe...
its from DH's mom's recipe box...
I typed this up around 30 years ago from her original recipe card for my father in law...
as you can see, he used it a lot...
;0)

this is so moist and we just top it with cool whip...
its Doug's favorite thing ever...

DH and I ran to the little store here when he got home...
Craig brought subway home for supper, so after that, the real work began...
Craig cleaned and did his laundry...
DH and I made cole slaw, deviled eggs, pumpkin spice cheese cake and the apple cake...
we got it all cleaned up and are ready to start popping things in the oven in the morning...
so thankful for times like this with my family...
DH works half a day and will be home in time to eat dinner at noon...
prayers for those not able to be home for Thanksgiving...
and for the families doing dinner without them...
we are so blessed...
;)

4 comments:

Nellie said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the family, Tete!

Beth said...

Hi Tete, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving! The apple cake sounds good. I recently made an apple cake with caramel icing and it was outstanding. :)

Susie said...

Tete, The cake looks so good. I like apples stuff . I hope and pray you and your family enjoy this wonderful holiday time together. I will get to be with 3 of my daughters and their families. I have my big old pasta dish finished , and tomorrow I will do the ham. I just wanted to tell you that I am thankful for you . xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving