Thursday, December 11, 2014

I need your help...your prayers...

this is my surgeon...
the one who changed my life...
our lives...
he is also a surgeon in the Army Reserves...
and he is being deployed...
to Afghanistan...
mid December, so he could already be on his way there...
he has a 3-4 month deployment and this is his 3rd deployment since 2009...
he is to be in a surgical unit attached to a Special Forces unit...
working on the ones who are too seriously injured to be transported...
real darn close to the fighting if not in the middle of it from what I have read...
this is the man who took out my gall bladder after others wouldn't...
it took me 18 years to find him...
he is also my boob doctor and has calmed all my fears with my fibroid lumps...
and keeps a very close eye on things to make sure none of them change...
he also drained 2 of them last summer for me that were very painful...
he is kind and gentle and explains everything so well...
without talking down to you...
he is just so different from what I have had to deal with before...
he is such an amazing doctor and so needed in our small hospital...
he is the only full time general surgeon!
he is such a blessing to all of us!
there will be such a void for his staff and patients while he is gone...
they do have others coming in to take his place...
but it won't be the same until he's back home...
so, here is what I need for you to do...
pray...
pray for God to send angels to surround him for protection...
angels to protect his surgical unit...
and the Special Forces unit he is attached to...
prayers for safe journeys there and back...
prayers for the hospital staff and patients here...
prayers for his family...
and his friends...
we so need him back in one piece, upright and breathing!
he has so much more to do here...
so many more lives to touch...
  
you can click HERE for a link to an interview they did of him before his deployment...
it was done by EIU, the college Craig attended and graduated from...
you can also see our wonderful hospital and clinic where we go and some of the most wonderful people who work there...


heading up to do the Kids Shopping Night in a few hours...
;0)
got another call for the toy drive...
need to gather up a bag of toys for a 5 year old little girl...
we have most of hers in the left over totes, but need to find an age appropriate game and of course a coloring book and crayons...
we ran completely out of those...
picking things up for 5 high school kids tomorrow and shopping for a 17 year old boy and a junior high age boy...
we also got another $100 donation in the mail yesterday!
its still coming in...
this program has been so blessed this year with donations and amazing helper elves...
I am so thankful that God allows me to be a part of this every year...
that he sent me my surgeon so its all possible now...
that some of our past families are prospering with good jobs and can give back...
;0)
CHRISTmas is about giving...
giving freely...
so whatever you give...
money, a toy, a kind word or just a smile...
give it with all your heart...

to get what you need the most of...
which is love...
you must first give it away...
;0)

edited:
if you are having trouble hearing the interview for Dr. Nadeau...
go back now and click on the link...
then close out this window or turn off the player at the bottom of the page...
you may also need to turn up the volume on youtube to hear it well...


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For sure I will pray for your Surgeon.

I live in a small town too but our Doctors are like this man you speak of.

I also have had a surgeon for myself. He moved from the city to a near clinic in a older home as his office for us.
He is such a sincere man and your not a number. Your like a family to him.

What a wonderful thing you and hubby are doing each time. In your community. Our community is family net as well. Small towns are
so known for that. It is tremendous. Bless you !

Anonymous said...

I tried to hear him speak but the sound is not working on the youtube where we can click on your page. My speakers are on but it plays no sound but picture.

Terra said...

I am praying for protection for your dear doctor and for all working with him and near him in Afghanistan.
You are doing wonderful work providing for children, and this is the season for giving!

Anonymous said...

I think because you have your music on select a song if we want. It cuts out the talking of the Dr. As first when I tried to listen to him. The christmas music came on .

Then Second time I had to turn off your music but it never corrected the talking.

So see if someone else has that problem as I would like to hear your surgeon. I can hear other things on Youtube fine. Sorry to go on and on.

NanaDiana said...

Saying a prayer for your doctor that he is safe and protected and that his hands are used to heal others.

I am so happy that the toy drive has done so well for you this year. What a blessing!!!! xo Diana

Susie said...

Tete, I will gladly pray for your dr. and all the troops he will be tending. God be with them all. Hope you get all the gifts those children need , I am going to be ringing the Salvation Army bell tomorrow morning at our local grocery. I am excited to help. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Cheryl said...

Oh, dear, precious Lord! Please protect this wonderful man and keep your eye upon him at all times. Please bring him back home safe to his family, his friends, and his patients. May he be a blessing to all wounded soldiers, and may Your hand guide his in every situation. Use him mightily, Lord, and comfort everyone who loves and needs him while he is gone. In Jesus' name, Amen.