Thursday, April 9, 2015

gaining ground...

slow but sure...

just took my last antibiotic....

hoping this is the last time that I am sick to my stomach...

slowly gaining strength and endurance...

only took three tries to get the dishes washed this morning...

sprayed the living room completely with lysol...

and am heading for my bedroom and bath to do the same thing...
got a bag of onions to put out...
every year I get a 3# bag of white onions and put them in a large crock bowl in the kitchen...
just to absorb bacteria...
I didn't do it this year...
and we have been so sick with one thing and then another...
so doing it now...
to clear the air...
and if you do this, do not eat them!
they will be so full of bacteria...

I am not a big fan of the lysol smell, but I have vicks up my nose and cannot smell it at all this way!

thunderstorms and rain today...
day number 4 of this and the last one...
humidity is 100%...
the central air is on...
such a fickled state right now...
hot one minute and freezing the next...
and we are all like this, just not at the same time...
so someone is sitting in front of a fan while another has the heater cranked up...
;0)
its driving the guys nuts...
I just stay in my corner and grin...
and think...
"welcome to my world"....
;0)
they're cheap entertainment...
have a good day...


9 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, So glad you are getting better...I know you have a ways to go. I would love for you to do a post on that onion theory...I have never heard that. But I do believe in old wives cures. Hugs to you, xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are a little bit better, hope you get better and better so you can enjoy spring! The onions we do here as well, not a fan of the smell, but my family swear by it!

NanaDiana said...

So glad you are getting better, Tete. Yeah-put those onions out-hope they help!

Great pictures, Tete. You really have a good eye for photography. Hope you have a good night and that you are all well by the weekend- xo Diana

LV said...

MY WORD THAT IS TERRIBLE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SO SICK SUCH A LONG TIME.IT IS BAD ENOUGH WHEN IT IS JUST ONE, BUT THE WHOLE FAMILY IS AWFUL.MAY YOU SOON BE BLESSED WITH BETTER HEALTH.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are getting better although I know it's been a long process. I agree with the others, please say more on the onion theory...:) Hope you are out and about soon...hugs!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Improving!!! Good to hear!!!

My poor daughter in law, next door, is now on an antibiotic, and even has a refill. Doc said, if it's not gone when done with this Rx, just refill and begin again. -sigh-

Youngest son is in a round of ear infections.

This is just the latest round of sickness in that house! 6 people, and someone is always sick.

It has been a horrrrrible winter!!

Hugs....

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

And this background is soooo beautiful, that I might just have to go back to a background, for a day or two. ,-))))))))

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tete, So glad you are feeling a better. I have no idea about the onions set out to gather the germs in the air and room.
My doctor told me after taking the last antibiotic it continues to work for about another week.

Great pics and have a nice weekend.
Hugs, CM

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Pretty photos! It's good to hear that you're feeling better Tete! No rain here. The temperature is kind of cool, but at least the sun is out! I'm hoping to do some yard work in the back today. I don't know why I have to clean up the neighbors leaves that he raked in a pile in the fall and just left them there to blow into our yard. Oh well, life can be worse! Have a wonderful weekend Tete!