Thursday, May 28, 2015

where does time go?

it just seems like we were planting the garden...
and I turned around and its the last day of school here...
but did want to show you a few things...
the lockers- bought last fall off of a friend who posted them online...
finally got moved onto the deck for storage last weekend...
all connected and heavy...
love it there...
cleaned up all the clutter of things you don't want anyone to see...

and the kids helped move the stuff around on the deck...

and its all coming together...

hung this up to keep the wasps and dirt dobbers from making nests on the deck...
supposedly, they think its a hornets' nest and won't build anywhere near them...
will let you know how it worked when summer is over...
its just a brown paper bag with walmart bags in it...

shhhhh...
you can hear the corn growing!

clover is blooming now...
great for the bunnies and the bees!
but wear shoes...

got to work on a few more areas and find something to use this old paint on...
they will take empty cans but not ones that have paint left in them...
just add some water and white wash a few fences and it will be gone...

my old non gliding glider is out in the yard now and about to be repainted...
soon, that flower bed will be expanded and the glider will set just inside it...
so we will never have to move it to mow again...

back on the deck now...

we looked high and low for rose bud impatients this year...
and Craig finally found 2 in this by-color... 

I need to dig out the new pillows that I have been snagging up all last winter...

and there it is so far...
not a bad place to spend time...
my last day of lying low...
Craig is off the next two days, so will put him back to work again and I will be outside all day long...
hope you are having a good week...
I am doing pretty good, considering all that we got done and trying to keep up with the guys...
have a great weekend if I don't get back in here...
;0)

5 comments:

Jettie said...

Great idea with the lockers, and I love what you are doing with the deck.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tete, Great look with the lockers and so useful too. Your deck is so inviting and I love all your special touches. Also LOVE the painted vintage chairs below in black with the white dots. I have an original pair that were my parents from the 40's and right now they are ivory but have been thinking of painting them again and yours are very inspiring.
Great pics and I love hearing the corn grow!! LOL

Thank you for checking on me. We have had so much rain with lots of flooding and loss of homes. So far, my area is high enough that we have been spared. More rain on the way as we pray for those affected by the high waters.
Have a nice evening.
Hugs, CM

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Guess what?

I used to buy-into all the "where is time going?" moaning.

And this year, I have been paying no attention to it. On purpose mainly.

Like...---> Hmmmm... Time to turn the calendar page again. Ho-hummm.

Believe me, it makes life easier. Takes away all that type of stress... (Time is slipping away!!!! Help!!!) That kind of stress.

Try it. Really. It's quite super. :-)

May just do a post, on this!!!!! Thank you for the prompt!!!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Did you always have comment moderation on?

Not complaining! if someone has it on, they need it .

I just always wonder why they had to do it. because I am NOSY!!! -grin-

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Love the lockers! Everything of course looks so pretty Tete! As for your question on the last post, yes, we've been getting just enough rain. As-a-matter-of-fact, it's raining right now.