Wednesday, September 30, 2015

we had rain...

so there was no playing outside...
which is ok...

we got a ride in, me and my youngest...

made meatloaf and mashed potatoes for supper...

we had just enough rain for the farmers to take the day off...
so DH got off early and was home by 4...

and we had supper at a decent hour...

got some laundry done, too...

and we all felt pretty good, so I think we licked what we had over the weekend...

the sun is coming up here and there are a few clouds...

but I still think its a great time to go back to bed for another hour...

since I can't seem to get enough caffeine in me to get me moving...

nothing like an electric blanket on cooler mornings...
one minute the furnace is running and the next the central air...

that's what happens when Mother Nature has hot flashes...
;0)

the rain settled the dust around here...
the bean dust...
which is my enemy...
;0)
not opening the widows until they are done hauling those to the elevator...
and it brought some leaves down...
the yards are littered...
people are starting to do their fall displays...
and its beginning to feel like fall here...
I really need to start decorating in here...
but I need to finish the kitchen...
so much to paint and patch...
need to go shopping for the wall paint...
;0)
that'll be the next trip out of town...
whenever that happens...
;0)
it will be soon...
I can't let Craig pick it for me...
the color I have decided on is in a top that I have...
I will wear it and have them scan me!
Craig could wear it to town, but too many people know he belongs to me...
;0)
have good days!


4 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I want to wash my windows but I am waiting also. We had rain about 1/3 of an inch. Looks like your rain was heavier. We turn the AC off yesterday, the rest of this week is to be cooler. The sun is trying to come out right now. I make meatloaf yesterday and later my daughter texted that she was making meatloaf. She actually said, I wish you could smell this mom, it smells so good. I texted back, I can smell it , we just had some ourselves. LOL.Blessings for a good day, xoxo, Susie

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Cool way to get paint... Wear a top, in the color you want.

And I take it, they can "make" the color... Yeah, you can see that we have not painted here, in quite a while... My not knowing this.

We have rain! That tropical storm, which is now a hurricane, is soaking us. Have to make sure the down cellar sump pump keeps working! Fun! -grin-

Tessa

Anonymous said...

yes, you wear that top and have them scan you, lol, thats so funny!!
Its cold here now at night and warm in the day time, not as warm as you but warm,, take care,,
now I want mashed potatoes and meat loaf!

Ida said...

Looks like it was a nice rain. - You made a "comfort" food dinner which is always nice on a rainy day.