Thursday, April 20, 2017

a trip to the green house...

Craig had the day off and we were to go into town to buy plants and stuff...
but I was not up to it...
so we just hopped on out to the local green house...

we found a couple fragrant rose bushes...
should only get about 3 foot high...

some wave petunias and waxed begonias for me...

since I wasn't feeling good, I only played a little bit...

I cannot believe I planted flowers in April...
but we got to 81 today...

the lily of the valley are blooming now...
and something else popped open...
but that's for tomorrow's post...

the farmers are going full tilt around here getting their crops in...
corn went in behind us yesterday...

planting seems to be harder work on those who just watch...
than those who actually get their hands dirty...
;O)

I have a vase full of lilacs here in the kitchen...
the smell is awesome...
the tulips are slowing fading away...
but the iris have heads coming up...
and the peonies are budded...
things are moving along...
and so many have their gardens planted already...
I am not there, yet...

but the sounds outside are wonderful...
birds singing, mowers going...
and kids playing...
its great to have warm weather again!
have good days!


2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, It is starting to look pretty at your house. That cat, so funny. I am anxious to plant things in my containers . I always love seeing around your yard ...you make so many nice flowering attractive spots. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

I love how you play in the dirt. You have the magic touch when tu comes to plants/pairings. We have nothing blooming here yet. xo Diana