Tuesday, May 30, 2017

pardon the mess...

a tweak in progress...

one of the things we did over the weekend...
moved the potting bench...

I originally wanted to only go tree wide on the blocks, but DH said 4 would be better...
we need to get more...
the rest will be in a brown rubber mulch for kneeling while working the flower bed...

there were 5 kids camping in our yard over the weekend...
and not one time did I pull out the camera while they were here!

I got sick Sunday morning trying to leave town to do the shopping...
so DH brought me back home and went on his own...
pick up the tomato plants...

the peonies are blooming now...

excuse the mess and weeds! 
work in progress!

everything else is doing fine...

and Craig had gotten me this clock for Christmas for the deck and hung it up for me last evening...
DH manned the trash pump and when it got low, he would shut it down, let the water fill back up and pump again...
he finally got the side yard drained by 1 on Saturday...
the pump did not run at all yesterday...
then last evening, we got about a 5 minute rain out of nowhere...
but there is still no standing water...

we have more rain coming on Thursday, Friday and Saturday...
ugh...

the tiling company met on the "lake" on Friday...
probed for the tile...
marked them with green flags...
they want to come across our north lot and another's land on the other street to tie into the city's storm drain system...
we agreed...
I have no idea when this will start...
I don't know if the field will have to be drying...
just have no answers, but will find out this week...
they will repair any damage that they do...
;)
I am so over all of this and just want it done...
lol...
I hate sweating every time it clouds up...
or the wind blows...


2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, I know your angst. Our basement has a water trickle after winter thaws...it's been trickling since march. Too much rain. Yesterday was pretty but very windy...oh that's another pain. LOL. I want a clock outside too. LOL I need to have Ted make me a cabinet for things to stay dry on the porch. LOL. Hope you are feeling better and enjoying some outdoor time. I did sit outside and could have taken a nap yesterday. Oh if only. Blessings , xoxo, Susie

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Tete, So hope you are feeling better today and looks like you all accomplished a lot over the long weekend. Love the wheel barrow. I am looking for one just like that for my garden. You will enjoy the clock outside. I love mine. Sure hope the draining system gets worked out. I know this is nerve wracking every time it rains. Saying a prayer and hoping your rain holds off for awhile.
Have a good week and sending well wishes. xo