Wednesday, January 10, 2018

let's talk scarecrows...

here are some of mine through the years...

they are just fun...

fun to hunt for the clothes and hats...

fun to put together...

and just fun to look at...

I have perfected them through the years...
this was the first year without the original heads...
just a flower pot...

and they can be used all year long...
naked as a cross at Christmas and Easter...

the grim reaper for Halloween...

and here they are when I first made them...
a boy and a girl...
(now they are both girls)

a friend of mine cut the heads out for me...
this was one of her patterns...
(we have done shows together several times)

and here is the one without the collar...
they lasted for several years...
and then fell apart...
so now, I just put hats where the heads have been...

I have this down to an art, too...
the buttons hold the nail heads so they don't go through the hats...
even in high winds, they stay in place...
I hot glue the fronts down on top of the board...

now, in the winter months when I am out shopping...
I am looking for scarecrow outfits...
always looking for hats...

Goodwill is still the best place to find them...
most of the time, the clothes still have the original tags on them...
and I move them around from time to time...
because I think its fun when someone walks around here and they find things that make them smile...
little hidden giggle makers...

so, do you have scarecrows protecting your bloomers?
let me know what you do with yours!

Have a fun day!



2 comments:

Connie said...

What a fun post . . . who doesn't like having a scarecrow in the garden, or spying one in someone else's garden. Last year my daughter came to visit and she said, "Mom, I love that scarecrow's dress and apron, she dresses better than I do", LOL. Sometime you can find some very cute clothes at the Goodwill :) Thanks for sharing, you have inspired me and made me start thinking Spring and gardening.
Have a lovely day.
Connie :)

Ida said...

Your Scarecrows were a delight to view.