Monday, June 4, 2018

big work weekend and catching up on things...

this area in front of the deck has come a long way in a year...

the peonies are still blooming, but some are scorched really bad from the high temps the last couple of weeks...

the view sitting on the steps...
(my favorite all time place to be)

things are filling in and getting bigger...

the plug of lamb's ear I put in here last summer is doing very well...

asiatic lilies have heads...

the ones in the island are blooming...

got the hats on the scarecrows...

roses are blooming...

hydrangea will be whitening up soon...

and ferns look good...

we worked hard this weekend...

and this is small enough for me to handle...
I can use the tiller...

the green beans shot up fast with the rain we got...

the yuccas are starting to open, too...

when I was a kid, these were in a lot of the cemeteries we visited...

and I was so thrilled to get some starts several years ago...

the brush pile from raking, trimming trees and just cleaning up...

the beans behind us...

finally got her out front...

the corn at the end of the street...

it was 79 yesterday with a stiff breeze...

just the perfect kind of day...

rose garden...

not that we are pretty much caught up on things...

next weekend we will be doing some medium to small projects...
hope you had a great weekend and that this week is awesome for you!
I know many have been doing proms and graduations...
starting vacation time...
and the summer festivals are starting...
it sure feels like summer now...
:)

2 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, It's always fun to tour your gardens . It's so pretty there. I like you favorite spot to sit too. Got those scarecrows some new finery. :):) I feel sore all over today from a few chores and all the running this weekend...lots of standing which kills my feet. Lifting the boys and loving on them , Max is 2 1/2, and Luke is 1 year old. Ever notice the older you get , the harder it is to carry things in front of you? Like big babies. LOL. They need handles, to make it easier for me. :):) Blessings to you sweet friend, xoxo, Susie

Marissa said...

Tete. What beautiful garden wow !! It sure does look like a perfect day. I love how it looks so clean. its always when my yard gets cleaned up it needs it about now.... love your post.