Wednesday, June 27, 2018

I have dreaded this post...

last night, the big bunny came to eat at the feeder...

and I only took 19 shots of it...

look at all the veins in its ears...

so pretty...

we've had some pretty nice weather for a bit...
but its going back into the 90s tomorrow and all the fun will be over for awhile...

the weekend wasn't a good one for us...
Diddy passed away Saturday afternoon at 8 weeks old...
he was in the dryer with the critter towels...
I checked the dryer and lifted up several of them, checking to see if they were all damp...
they had not dried completely the first time through...
didn't see or feel him...
shut the door and turned in on...
never heard a thing...
DH and I were both within 10 feet of the dryer the whole time...
DH thinks he was knocked out in the first tumble and that the towels muffled the sounds...

we have cried for days...
still makes me sick to my stomach to think about it...
it was such a freak thing...
so unexpected...
how long have we been doing this and nothing like this has ever happened before...

then I had a dream last night...
my grandpa was holding Diddy...
and just smiling as big as could be...

its still hard...
hope your weekend was better...



3 comments:

Susie said...

Tete, Your Kitty must be with your grandfather. That is sad. Pets are like kids, they can get into any kind of situation. Please be kind to yourself. You have absolutely helped more animals than you ever hurt. Bless your sweet heart, xoxo, Susie

NanaDiana said...

You know my heart aches for you, Tete! Poor Diddy- he probably didn't suffer at all though so there is that kindness to be thankful for---otherwise, you would have heard him.
You have been such an awesome foster mom that I just know you will soon find a new baby to love and adore. xo Diana
ps- Amazing rabbit shots!

Ida said...

Oh my gosh this is so sad. - I know how awful you must all feel about this. I always dread that happening as we have cats that like to climb inside the dryer as well. My heart really goes out to you after such a tragic accident. I know you loved that sweet little kitten and I'm sure you will miss him terribly. Someday you'll find another sweet kitten in need of a forever home. Sending you sincere and heartfelt prayers as you mourn his short life. Hugs from one cat lover to another.