Thursday, August 16, 2018

another dreary day here...

without much rain...
so posting the rest of the photos I took Monday...

we are not getting rain out of this system like we were supposed to...

a new rose of sharon...
deciding where its going to go...
our neighbor bought it and then decided he didn't want it...
so he gave it to us...

carrots...
and wild strawberries...

and some left over rose moss from last year...
in the wheel barrow under the willow...

I love this tree!

DH and I planted the iris at the base of the door last Sunday...
they were left overs from out front when we cleaned out the flower beds and dug the iris and day lilies to thin them out...
the autumn clematis to the left is blooming now...

this is the last day of summer vacation!
the kids start back tomorrow...
I think that went by really fast...
got leaves coming down...
walnuts litter the yard and flower beds...
ready or not...
here comes fall...
I, personally, love sweater weather...
sloppy flannel shirts and sweat shirts and long pants...
and a nice warm fire in the evenings...
and the colors in the fall...
all the leaves turning...
it should be a pretty fall here...
we have been wet most of the summer so the colors will be brilliant!
have a good day!

3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I love Fall, too, Tete...the colors and smells and change of weather. You hae had even more rain than we have had here...it's the humidity that gets to me.

Hope you have a great rest of the day. Just popping in to check on a few blogs in between my "real" job. xo Diana

Susie said...

Tete, I like the fall colors, smells and attire. I am not one to show lots of skin. LOL. We never got rain for the four days predicted...but ti rained yesterday and last night. Gloomy gray today...which I can't take too many of these kinds of days in a row. Depressing to me, I just love the sun shining on me. I never planted any perennials this year...even after clearing that spot in the back. Lazy any more. Blessings to you, hope you are feeling great. xoxo, Susie

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I am thinking of getting a ROse of Sharon, I had one and took it out. It grew so tall and in a bad place. Now I am thinking of getting one for another spot
Not till Autumn though
Janice