Monday, June 10, 2019

the guys had a great time...

last Thursday, they headed out of here around 4:30 am...
they had to drive about 45 minutes to catch the Amtrak to Chicago...
to watch the Cubs play at Wrigley Field...

they got off the train, walked 6 blocks, caught the red line and ended up right in front of the stadium...

and they had a fun time even though the Cubs lost that day...

Craig wanted outfield bleacher seats...

so they could see the whole game without problems of poles and such...
they left and caught the metro back to the train station...
in the 6 blocks of walking, Craig spotted an Italian place to have supper...
their train back was late leaving Chicago, so they didn't make it in here until around midnight...
DH was smart, he took Friday off, too...

Doug stayed with me several days and will be back one day this week to get his check up at the doctor's office...
will see if anything is out of whack with him and go from there...
we had a really good time...
he got most of the knots out of my neck and shoulders from last weekends doings...
so doing much better this week...

yard work happened over the weekend and we seemed to miss the rain every single day...
we got a few sprinkles here and there, so we spent a lot of time watering...

have good days!


1 comment:

Susie said...

Tete, I love that ball field. I actually like baseball too. Glad your fellow had fun. I have been missing visiting your blog. So much craziness here at times. It's pretty in your yard and gardens. Love the roses. The irises are one of my mom's favorite flowers of all time. Glad you are brain dead funny girl. Wish I could use my old camera and load my photos on my blog. All the up dates from windows ten wiped out lots of stuff here. I wish we could vote on up dates.LOL Blessings to you dear friend, stay healthy and safe. xoxo, Susie