Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hope your day is good:

I had this large bag of chicken pieces in the freezer...so I baked them with all the wonderful prep spices for BBQ...there's peppers and Mandarin oranges and all the good stuff...
when it was done...I put half aside for one night's supper...
cooked down my BBQ sauce and sugar in a medium sauce pan...then I poured it over the remaining pieces in the same pan and threw it back in the oven...it will be done in half an hour and then there will be 2 nights worth of meals in one mess...the oranges or most of the time I use just plain orange juice contains citric acid...it is what transfuses the BBQ flavor later into the meat so it's not just coating the outside...once the citric acid penetrates the meat...it will pull all the other flavors in with it...
Rebecca- you could so do this...and it smells so good...you can use your chicken strips...

No comments: