Friday, June 18, 2010

It's a prairie jungle out there...

I am so glad I didn't wait to plant this so I could paint it...there's always fall...
planted this lavender last year...
they look like they are playing hide and seek...the one is counting behind the tree...
weeds amid the bean greens and day lilies...
everything is in need of attention...
I wanted to move this grapevine this spring...had good intentions...
I need to look it up and see when the best time to do this is...
won't it make a great statement somewhere later?...
begonias are happy little flowers...and they do so well in pots...
it's all green now...but in a day or two it will all be brown from all the dead grass...
should bale it...
I have friends who use their grass clippings for mulch...
I hate mulch...
I am a full fledged dirt aholic and proud of it...
I like dirt...not rocks...not mulch...not plastic...not newspapers...
DIRT!...
this needs another spray of black paint...
it's June 18th and I just hung out my bottle bee...
slap me with a ruler...
it's been so wet we are growing cattails...
I love the door on this...bought it off of Rebecca at one of her barn gatherings about 5 years ago...
maybe 8...it's all a blur past yesterday...
the cats love the shade the lounger provides...
I love this concept and I needed a way to use these and get them off of the concrete pad so the table and chairs can go out there...
or something else...I know this is short lived...but it has new flower bed written all over it...
the guys are going to kill me...
I had promised no more beds...like 3 beds ago...
the little table on wheels is another find from Rebecca's barn...it's an old doll buggy frame...
just slapped a chunk of old board on there and it can be rolled around for a table to set your drinks on...
while you are laying out there star gazing...
it's very narrow...
my vision is to find a wicker basket to fit on there...paint it white...and plant flowers in it...
I see pink, white and yellow petunias...with sweet potato vine cascading over the sides...
still looking for the right basket...
it would also be cute in the house to put my mom's baby dolls in...
I need to mend and paint the screen...white...
the cushions need a good scrubbing....
Craig started throwing up right out of the shower this morning...
he's got a low fever...
so today I'm on mom mode and the gardening will have to wait...
Steve has one more week and then he's got a week off for vacation...
talked to Rebecca this morning on her way camping...
won't be able to talk to her until she's heading home...
no cell phone reception there...
I have a lot of work to do on another blog of mine...
Hiram Rutherford...
I do 2 historic blogs and then an Oakland Community Blog...
besides this one...
so have a good day...

No comments: