Sunday, June 20, 2010

My dad...

I called my dad for Father's Day.
It was interesting.
He's in the army now going to school to fix motors.
They build them there.
He's been busy redoing 2 of the apartments there with another guy and they redid both inside and out.  It took a couple months to do it.
It's cold there- 70.
He lives on the railroad.
There are boxcars and a two story train.
But he still knows who I am.
He remembers my boys.
And he told me he greatly appreciates every piece of mail I send him.
He is 75...never in the army...he was in the air force...
he lives in a nursing home now after his stroke...
it's 96 there...
I don't think there's a railroad close...
but it's all ok...he's happy...
I don't think he could handle being there in his right mind...
he lives in his happy place...
and it's all real to him...
and he's still my dad...
just a little more colorful...

No comments: