Tuesday, June 8, 2010

vintage circus...

my friend, Rebecca, has a new obsession...
it's all she can talk about...
so this morning I started searching...
and these are the images that I found...
her dream is to build a gypsy wagon...
she has items stashed to decorate it when she gets it done...
but she wants it to be able to pull...
down the highway...
so she can camp in it...
she has furniture with carved faces...
I think she likes the circus because of the gypsy feel to it...
and her new pink and white striped tent...
she is going to use her easy up at her barn show this weekend...
three of her barns are on a barn tour...
and she's going to be open...
she's the best, best friend...
and I never know what we are going to be getting into next...
oh, and she's a pink girl...no red, blue, bright colors..
she loves the European pastel colors of the circus...
yep...she's picky....
she knows what she wants...

6 comments:

★Carol★ said...

Wonderful old images of the circus! And I like how you described your friend, that you never know what you're going to be getting into next. That's just how I would describe my best friend too!
Happy White Wednesday!
Carol

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I like where she's going!

Debra@CommonGround said...

Sounds like oodles of fun, and a bit on the wild side! Love the old images!
xo,
Debra

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

What great old pictures...love them!
xojanis

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Okay ~ I may have nightmares now ~ but they are fascinating photos. That clown gives me the shivers. I sold 2 Vintage Gypsy Wagon Mirrors a few months ago that would have been perfect for her collection.

The Charm of Home said...

I picked up a British Country Living at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago and they featured a whole spread on these. The gypsy wagon is all the rage in Britain right now and they had a man featured that custom made them. So unique, so special. They were fantastic.
She needs a copy of that magazine.:)
Sherry