Saturday, September 11, 2010

yesterday was a fall kind of day...

the weather has sure cooled down a bunch...
and the rain we were supposed to get didn't amount to anything...
and we are so dry...
the petunias are starting to show some stress with the cooler nights...
and it won't be long until we are dumping the pots and storing them again...
the farm boys and girls have been super busy...
and the lines for the elevators go on forever...
but the night time still provides little buddies...
these little guys are everywhere...
and they are so little...
we have a little pan of water under the deck for them...
and we change it every week...
you should see the big frog under there...
she must be the momma...
and the slugs...
I do not like them...
and I usually salt them...
but they eat the green off of the siding...
so I let this one go...
he's got a full buffet here...
the front of the house faces north...
we have to scrub it at least twice a year...
it's not my idea of fun...
so I guess the buffets open...
have a great weekend...
and don't forget the blog party tomorrow!...

3 comments:

gail said...

when they are done, send them up to my roof!
gail

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Tete Sweetie...
I so love Beyond the Garden Gate today. Oh my look at everything. I love the rusted wire around the fence with the little marigolds trying their hardest to hang on. Your petunias and rose moss are just beautiful, they look better than what is sitting outside in the heat out here right now anyway. I love your garden. It is SO magical.

Now that little froggie. Isn't he just the cutest darn thing ever? I remember when we lived in Oklahoma, the rains would bring little froggies in about the size of a quarter. My boys would stick them in their pockets while they were outside playing, and it never failed when I washed clothes that I didn't find a few dried up and passed on froggies that had moved on to the BIG lilypad in the sky. I always tried to do a pocket check, but somehow I always missed a few.

I always love to see the wheat cut, and I love to watch the trucks and trailers at the grainery elevators waiting for their turn. It was always such an exciting time in Oklahoma. That first cut was the most exciting of all. I do miss the Harvest.

Thank you for sharing with me today. You know how I love to go Beyond the Garden Gate. Many hugs sweetie and SO much love, Sherry

Jackie said...

Those little froggies are cute as a button. Where that expression come from anyway?