Sunday, August 14, 2011

time in a garden...

is always well spent...
even if there isn't much to do...
we did move a few things around and threw some things out...
dumped some pots...
but with things leaving, something new opens up...
my clematis finally bloomed...
half of the leaves are brown and dead...
and the flower is not perfect...
but welcome...
we have an abundance of these this year...
I have three spots of these now and only planted one...
this crack was big enough for DH to stick his hand in...
some thing didn't get as big as they could have...
but they made it...
and the begonias are a little scorched looking...
and the bricks that usually are covered with moss...
are not as green...
and it's not as pretty as it was...
but soon, fall leaves will fill the beds and winds will swirl the colors...
I woke this morning to bird song and last night went to sleep to the frogs singing in the trees...
crickets and locust fill the days...
country bugs are noisy bugs...
and the first frost will send them away...
in just a few weeks, this world will change so much...
and depending on how much rain we get...
will determine whether fall enters in a blaze...
or just fades and falls away...
praying for rain...

my final post of the day...
promise...

4 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Love the post! You have the coolest photos! Hugs Anne

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Hopefully we have a couple more months...but has that sound and that feel!

Beth said...

I like spending time in the garden too. Today I moved some catmint, removed some plants that were trying to take over and moved some beebalm over there, moved a geum and a painted daisy to an area that was not so hot, moved a daylily and bunches of "baby" coneflowers, and also transplanted some creeping jenny. Ron moved 4 ornamental grasses - they got way too big and decreased my room for flowers! The weeding is pretty much in good shape, for now. I'm also watering regularly as we haven't had a good rain since mid June. The garden still looks pretty good but the heat and drought have taken a toll. The temps the past week have been so much better and I thank God for that. I am bumming a little bit right now about all the garden work. 3-4 hrs per day is difficult. Cuts into my blogging time! And my reading time! And my job search time! I do love the garden, though and am proud of it. The tomatoes are doing awesome and we're enjoying them and so are lots of others...we share.
Hugs, Beth

NanaDiana said...

That is my hope- to spend a bit of time in the garden this week. I love your pictures, Tete, and always feel connected to you through them- xo Diana