Wednesday, February 15, 2012

delight...




I just wanted to thank you all for all of your prayers and kind words...
the loss of a child must be the worst pain possible...
I can not even imagine and I pray that the Lord will not ask me to bury one of my own...
my family will be in God's hands as they lay to rest the shell of this sweet soul...
and He will see them through...
visitation is Thursday...
funeral on Friday...
and her birthday is on Sunday...

also, Rebecca's gram is being buried tomorrow...

the bible says to cry at birth and rejoice at death...
and somehow we have gotten that all messed up...
because the earthly death means a spiritual birth...
a new beginning that lasts forever...
no pain, no tears...
only peace, joy and love...
in the purest forms...
so rejoice as these 2 new souls make their rounds in Heaven...
embrace their peace, joy and love...

the ones left behind will be lost and lonely for a time...
until they find the strength to stand again...
and until they do...
we need to pray...
to lift them up...
there will be questions that can never be answered here...
pain that will fade over time...
but the wounds are fresh and they need to heal...
and the sting of this moment will leave...
we have all been through funerals and partings...
and there will probably be many more before our turn comes...
and that is why God gave us each other...
and I am so thankful He gave me you...


3 comments:

Terra said...

What a tragic situation for your cousin to have to bury such a young daughter. I am asking for comfort for the family in my prayers.
One idea of heaven I like is that while people are crying, as their loved one enters heaven, there is rejoicing in heaven by the angels and souls there.
So glad your hubby is ok!

Rebecca said...

I love you Tete!!!

Olivia said...

Hello my sweet earthly angel. I pray that God scoops up these beautiful hearts and cradles them in his love and that the peace of God transcends all understanding. I pray that strength is gathered in the shelter of the all mighty under blankets of grace, hope, love and the will to stand up and continue to walk these sometimes broken paths we tread upon. May Gods comfort surround you and the hearts of your loved ones.
Big huge hugs, prayers and love are sent your way!
xoxo
Olivia
ps Thank you for reminding me where I gather strength...