Wednesday, February 29, 2012

goodbye...

its a sad day...
Davy Jones has passed from this world...
but I can't help but smile when I think of him...
the Monkees was one of my favorite shows...
from 67-71 I watched faithfully...
I was only 5 when it began...
and they always made me laugh...
and I still listen to their songs from back then...
I remember when Davy Jones appeared on The Brady Bunch with Marcia...
she was the president of his fan club...
I just hope his life was as fun and happy as he made so many people...
he was only 66...
but he died in his sleep...
you know, his mother died when he was 14...
imagine the reunion going on...
some things never go out of style...
its the smiles...
they always had them...
and they always gave them...
I remember that cover...
can it be that long ago?
anyway, thank  you, Davy Jones...
for all that you gave...
 the smiles...
the laughter...
my world was a better place because of you...



7 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

OH NO! I was SOOO in love with him!
Too sad!

Beth said...

I hadn't heard that. I am sorry. I always thought he (and David Cassidy) were really cute! Nice tribute and photos, Tete.
God bless, Beth

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Hi Tete, I was so sad to hear that news earlier today, I was in love with him.... I was older than you at the time, I really thought like so many little girls today with Justin Bieber, that maybe I would marry Davy Jones one day.
I didn't know that his Mom died when he was so young, I'm sure it was a great reunion for them in Heaven~
xox
Cheryl

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I have been so busy that I did not see the news today. My gosh- It is hard to think of him as being old enough to die...not that there is an age attached to dying..but I still think of him as being young and vital and full of life. I think he was a good soul and brought a lot of happiness to a lot of people. RIP, Davy Jones- xo Diana

Debbie said...

Oh how I love the Monkees! Especially Peter Tork! I agree, they were so funny!!! I watched them faithfully, and had all their records.
RIP Davey.

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

It made me old to hear that. I loved him when I was little. I think that was my very first album I ever got to buy.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Tete,
I didn't know that Davy had passed until I read your post. He was my favourite of the Monkees. I thought he was so adorable!
Funny, my hubby and I had watched a concert on TV only a few months ago and he was singing on it. So young!

Blessings,
Sandi