Wednesday, February 29, 2012

thunderstorms in February = frost in May...

isn't that what they say?
well, we have had thunder and lightening...
and rain...
so had to shut down the puter for awhile...
here are some photos with the new camera...
I played yesterday...
I should have been cleaning and sorting more...
but, I didn't...
Craig and I have been rearranging the counters the last couple of days...
and the mantle...
almost got it right...
but still tweeking...
I got a new pink flamingo cup Sunday to take on the road with me...
Dollar General...
the lid screws on and the straw cannot come out with the lid on...
DH found them and thought it  would be nice for me to take my drink with me...
inserting springy things here and there...
but it was too nice to stay in long...
one of the few times the sun was half way out...
but it was almost 60 here...
and it will be in the 60s today...
the clouds were white to start with but turned grayer as the day went on...
we had to make a Charleston run after DH got home to pick up the car from being fixed...
then Craig did a mini Walmart run...
while DH and I cruised Lincoln for a food run...
they had built a new County Market that just opened and they were knocking down the old one yesterday...
they aren't wasting anytime...
it was sad to see the building go...
it seems like it had been there forever...
but the new County Market it beautiful...
and when the dust clears...
it will all be good again...

we all wanted something different...
so 3 stops were  made...
McDonald's, Taco Bell and Arby's...
then home again...
and this is how I felt...
Beau Beau thinks its hard work keeping up with the duster and broom...
went to bed too early...
so now I'm up early...
so going to do breakfast and my pill...
and I might just sneak back to bed before anyone else gets up...
have a great day!

6 comments:

gail said...

Hi Tete....Frost in May would not surprise me. This weather is just nuts!
Love your new photos....they are so springy.
hugs,
gail

Susie said...

Oh dear Tete, I hope that old adage is not true. I am ready to plant flowers and enjoy them...I hate covering for frost. Love your pictures. I also love to get up early but if I don't get busy and keep busy, I'll fell tired. Smiles to you, Susie

Julie said...

NOOOOOOO>..no FROST in MAY!!!! Really???? we have had rain here too...most of yesterday - on top of all the melting snows...just gloppy gooey...wipe the paws, wipe the paws, wipe the paws....argh! expecting rain and a little slushy stuff possibly in the next few....Hoping that there are NO thunderstorms in Iowa if the saying is true... Hugs to you Tete, and have fun piddlefarting... !!! :-) xoxo

NanaDiana said...

I have never heard that saying about the thunderstorms...BUT...we get frost all the way through May sometimes. No one here plants outside until after Memorial Day.

Sounds like you had a fun bit of "play" yesterday and got out a bit in the evening. I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

You just watch! I bet we have snow on Easter. :) I woke super early this morning and decided to just get up rather than lay there thinking about everything. It was a fabulous day to sleep in...rainy and dark outside but I just couldn't. boo! Thank you Tete for the suggestions for my booth. I did paint the pegboard a soft soft blue which helped some. I just heard some thunder....strange weather today. xoxo

Patty Sumner said...

I must say frost in May would come as no suprise. The weather this year has been so strange. I love all of your Springy touches. I have been trying to convert this old house into a more springy atmosphere. Blessings and it is always a joy to visit with you.