Wednesday, March 21, 2012

yesterday's efforts...

Craig had already done the island...
or so he said...
and from a distance, it looked pretty good...
but up close, it still needed help...
so that's what we worked on after lunch yesterday...

the rose bush is doing so well out here...

my happy camper...

the forsythia is just wonderful this year...

ok- this is my rake...
don't laugh...
its a kid's rake...
it is short and the perfect width to get in between things...


I am thinking of a different color for this...
can you guess?

I should bring some inside today...

I wish it stayed this color all summer...

my tomato patch...
DH and I did this the evening before...
I was bored after supper...
so I went out and sit down...

another daffodil...

my new toy...
$19.99 on sale at True Value...
its just my size...
and there are wheels on the back side...

after the island, I had Scooter grab the saw...

and the bush that had taken over...

is history...
and it only took 10 minutes...

took just as long to haul it to the burn pile...

see what I have to deal with?
this college grad decided to sit down in my wheel chair with this one his head...
yeah, well it has a tail...
and getting it down over the chair trapped him for a bit...
good thing he managed to escape on his own...
cuz I was laughing too hard to help...

ok, back to business...
we have several days of rain on their way...
so hopefully, it will soften this area up and the guys can get the roots dug up something this weekend...
the plan is to extend the walk all the way to the road...
the rock, a sedum and a few lilies will have to be moved...
and the mailbox...
that area will be paved with bricks...

so when that was done we came in to find this...
Mr Wiggles taking his afternoon nap...
doesn't he sleep funny?

and here is supper...
we were going to do the White House Cafe, but we found out after 5 that they are closed on Tuesdays...
so we went with the other cafe here in town...
Steve and Shirley's...
their special was fried chicken dinners...
yeah, it was good...
those beans and the biscuit are no nos for me...
but I did cheat and ate a little bit of it...
spiked my BS for a bit...
so something I cannot do all the time...
DH had been wanting fried chicken...
so, that's what we did last night...
a couple of after supper walks...
and play time on the computer and it was time for bed...
so that's the way it was here...
gotta get moving...
spent the morning talking to my bestie on the phone and now I need to hit the shower and get some clothes on...
have no idea what we are doing today...
we'll just wing it...

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Okay- I have thoughts of you sitting there nekked talking to your bestie after that last setence!;>) Love the sense of humor your boy has- he is a nut- and I like nuts. Must have been hysterical to see him "captured" in the chair. You should have put a lasso around him and hitched him up behind the car and given him he ride of his life!

Your gardens are looking great. I am waiting for MyHero to get back here so we can head North and start cleaning out our friend's place. I am dreading that! xo Diana