Saturday, April 28, 2012

another trip to Ninny's...

Craig checking out the green house...

they don't have a major selection, but enough to blow some bucks on...

Craig found these in the green house...
they are very short...

I found spider wart...

and a new columbine outside...

Craig thought these were pretty and the color is watermelon...
then it started raining...
so that was the end of potting...
but I did get a few done...
we did that while DH headed for town...
he brought back another knock out rose...
petunias, marigolds and snap dragons...
its a start...
have to go back to the nose doctor on Thursday so we will check things out again then at Walmart and Rural King in Paris...

tonight is prom night here...
much ado going on about town...

then I got a call from an old friend...
she had just heard that a very dear and sweet lady friend of ours passed away in her sleep last night...
a quiet lady, well kept, full of grace...
the world is a better place because she was here...
and I am so glad that God gave me the chance to meet her...
and to have had the honor of working beside her on a few projects...
remember Mary's friends and family this week as they say goodbye to a beautiful lady...

have a great weekend...
we are getting rain, so not much getting done outside...
but it just might be a good weekend to just relax, watch some movies and just hang out...


5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What pretty flowers, Tete. I have 2 knockout roses that I need to get moved quick. I just realized that the ground stays soaked there all the time. We have some little underground spring going on and it goes there...where they are...of course it does. I planted them last Fall when it was dry as a bone! UGH

Hope everything goes ok at the doctor, Tete and I am really sorry to hear about your friend, Mary. It is never easy to lose someone that has been any part of our life. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I am sorry you lost a dear friend.

I am ready for a day to hibernate inside. We had hail yesterday and my car has a huge dent :( and it is only 7 months old.

I like stopping at that greenhouse, so many pretties!

Jettie said...

What beautiful flowers. I need to make a trip through a greenhouse and see what is available.
Sorry for the loss of a friend, that is always tough, but she will be waiting at the gates of Heaven to say Hello again.

Debbie said...

Think of the rejoicing in Heaven this weekend! Your friend is probably dancing with Jesus right now.
You make me smile, Tete. Always busy doing something with your guys...inside and outside.
I hope it warms up here soon. The gardens are calling to me.
At least I will be able to hang the bedding on the line today.
Have a great Sunday, girlfriend.
Blove ya.
xxoo

Unknown said...

Loved your trip to Ninny's ... What lovely florals in both that & today's shares, Tete. Don't you just love browsing thru all those beauties. That is what we did today. Then came home & i planted tons of plants & didn't make a DENT in them. Oh, the magic they create.

Have a beautiful week my friend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon